BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the e60 M5 in Alpine White, and am wondering what interior combos I should go for:confused2 ....what would you guys think I should get? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would seriously consider the portland natural brown or the Indianapolis red interior on a white M5. You'd have to get them in full leather, though.

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the board. According to the spec sheet (standard offerings) I have from BMW Canada, the only leather colours you can choose are Black and Silverstone in either, extended, full or perforated Merino leather. As far wood or aluminum trim, I really think that is a personal preference. It is too bad that you cannot order Indianapolis Red leather (without going individual) with Alpine White as that might look really nice.

Regards,
T.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Terk:

Would you mind scanning or posting the spec sheet on here so your fellow Canadians can see? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
actually, there are color comobs you can order even if it's not on the list. my 645ci is alpine white with chateau leather which is a combo you cant choose from the BMW Canada website. It's not an individual and i didnt order this one specifically. The dealership ordered the color combo.

white with red interior is my favourite combo so far. but i have this thing about coupes being white and sedans being black.

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
Aric said:
actually, there are color comobs you can order even if it's not on the list. my 645ci is alpine white with chateau leather which is a combo you cant choose from the BMW Canada website. It's not an individual and i didnt order this one specifically. The dealership ordered the color combo.

white with red interior is my favourite combo so far. but i have this thing about coupes being white and sedans being black.

Small question, is white a popular colour in the US ?

The reasson I ask is that if you went to a dealer in Norway or in probably any other country in Europe and asked for a WHITE M5, he would be close to ask if you recently got a huge blow to your head and did not feel well!

They would not offer you a lease on the car, unless you agreed to pay much more than normal.

The reasson is they would NOT be able to sell it after the lease is over, unless they dropped the price by a LOT.

Put 2 identical M5-M6 or 760 ...... in a showroom, 1 white and 1 black, everything equal, I tell you nobody, and I mean nobody would even consider the white...... unless the price is a LOT cheaper. Even then it would be a extremly tough sale.......

So I am just wondering if White is a colour for a very small group with special taste, or is White considered exclusive and nice in the US.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, of course that is Norway. However, why do you think they make white cars? Take a trip to USA, South America, Asia, not to forget UAE and you will have your answer.:viking:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i guess it really depends on the person. i am seeing more and more white cars starting a few years ago in vancouver. back then, not many people likes white. i remember when me and my friend wanted to order a white A4 avant and a white 3 touring, the dealers were so afraid that we would cancel the deposit. but now, i see white cars everywhere. I used to love silver but i just find it really boring now when i see most cars on the street are silver. Black is also very nice but much harder to take care of than white.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

If I were choosing Alpine White (which is great on the E60 M5 IMHO), I'd go for Full Indianapolis Red leather inside with the standard brushed alumnium trim lovelove

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a white M5 with Grey full leather interior when i lived in FT. Lauderdale. The car looked very good with dark tinted windows and the glossy shadowline trim. The colour is perfect for the climate as well as its easy to maintain.:viking:

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
ranumm5 said:
Yes, of course that is Norway. However, why do you think they make white cars? Take a trip to USA, South America, Asia, not to forget UAE and you will have your answer.:viking:
They make offcourse white because someone wants it..... But how many white Bimmers have you seen standing in the showroom. Every white car sold in Norway are special order. Probably is in rest of Europe to.

I do not recall seeing any white car in any BMW showroom ever. :confused:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the red interior, which I thought I would not be able to get if I don't go individual 'cause it's not on the list....what I also want is the piano black trim, I wonder if I have to go individual to get that also...does anyone know if I can order it without paying extra $ here in Vancouver?

·
Registered
26 Posts
martinngan said:
I like the red interior, which I thought I would not be able to get if I don't go individual 'cause it's not on the list....what I also want is the piano black trim, I wonder if I have to go individual to get that also...does anyone know if I can order it without paying extra $ here in Vancouver?
who is your dealer?

·
Registered
396 Posts
White on Red would look Hot on an E60 M5.

or, White on Black would look Classic

·
Registered
98 Posts
White is the 2nd most popular colour in the US for car production (after silver). In 2003 18% of all vehicles produced in USA were white.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/12/11/pf/autos/colors/

White is also very popular in hot climates (ie Middle East where 50%-ish are white). White is also a luxury colour in Japan and very popular and sought after.

In the UK, there are virtually no white cars and a white car will easily be worth 10-20% less than any other colour and is virtually unsellable on many cars.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
VanCooper said:
Terk:

Would you mind scanning or posting the spec sheet on here so your fellow Canadians can see? Thanks in advance :)
See the new thread where I posted the spec sheets.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would go for a ext-int contrast,choosing an black/anthrazite inerior
Be sure to post some pics when you get in, never seen a white M5 before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts