BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Selling price: $16,000

I am selling my car in order to buy a diesel truck.

2000 BMW M5 Clean & Clear Title In Hand
No Accidents
Never Tracked
Alpine White 115,000 miles
Black Leather Interior Extended Leather
Suede Roof Liner
Navigation
Sunroof
Wood Trim has been covered with a 3M carbon fiber vinyl. Looks great!
Front Hankook V12 245/35/18
Rear Hankook V12 275/35/18
R1 Concepts Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors R1 Concepts Street Pads
Evolve Alpha-N Tune
Clutch Stop
Pre-wired for Audio Additional Sound deadening
Upgraded Front Speakers
New Floormats
New Rearview Mirror
New Updated Taillights Hella Front Clear Headlights
Maintenance (Recent) Oil & Air Filters at every 3,000
Belts, Coolant, Spark Plugs, Valve Cover Gasket, Vanos Solenoid and Fuel Pump all replaced in the 4,000 miles

Attention that the car needs:
MID Pixels need replaced.
Fuel sending unit. Full tank will show 3/4 full. Basically it's off about a 1/4 on the display.
Previous owner knocked off passenger mirror and glued it back on. Still functions manually.
Possibly needs new battery. Since I have parked it over the winter, I've had to jump it a few times. It's on a trickle charge now.

A folder of maintenance records is included as well.
The factory amp and speakers were removed. All the wiring disconnected are labeled, in case you want to further upgrade the audio.
After market Eonon head unit that is made for the M5. It looks a million times better.
Bluetooth
Has 80% ceramic tint installed.
The car is also equipped with Evolve's Alpha-N tune specific for this car.

Asking price: $16,000

Mike

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My price was originally $18,500 on Craigslist. The car actually sold on eBay. But the buyer never came and I had to report him to eBay.
As far as your comments go, I'm not interested in your advice or opinion when it affects me or my ad in a negative manner. If ur interested in purchasing the car, great! If not, please don't post here! Thanks

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I am going to ask you to clarify your price to members here.

You are asking 16k here and you are asking 14,500 on Craigslist.

I am NOT commenting on price, I am asking YOU to clarify YOUR pricing.

While we have a policy of not interfering with members sales, on rare occasions the good of the membership in general outweighs the rights of a member to post whatever they want.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car was posted on Craigslist on several occasions. At one point it was posted as high as 18500. There was a time over 2 months ago when the car was posted as low as 14500.

Here's your clarification....

I own a construction company. I live in Maryland. We have had one of the worst winters in 20 years. I have heavy equipment that I haul and use to plow snow such as skid loaders, mini excavators and backhoes. I have lost a lot of money because I didn't have a vehicle to haul them. My expedition is scary dangerous even on dry pavement. So, in desperation, I lowered the price as low as 14500 to make for a quick sale. I even posted it on eBay where it sold for 14700 and then the buyer never came forth to look at the car or make purchase. Now the winter is over and spring is here and the desperation has passed.

I am asking 16,000 for the car. This is a fair asking price in my opinion. I purchased my car from a member here on the m5 board.

I hope this helps clarify any confusion. I'm not sure really why there was any confusion in the fist place. The price was clearly specified at 16,000.

Hopefully were done with all of this and hopefully someone is interested in purchasing my car.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interested in seeing your car. I am in Hagerstown. Tried to PM or email you but I don't have enough posts. You can email me at rmorin49ATgmail dot com. Leaving town later this week but could be available on Thursday afternoon. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK guys.... Am I missing something? Did I break some sort of ethical car guy code? I have an Alpine White M5 for sale hear, not a disease!

It's apparent that someone saw my car on Craigslist here and decided to comment (not a huge deal) which in return causes ard, the moderator to get involved. Unfortunately, that persons post was deleted. I'm not sure how it got deleted, but.....? In any case I feel like I've been kind of black listed here.

I have clarified and justified the price and my reasoning to the best of my ability. If there's issues with the price, by all means, someone make a comment or a reasonable offer.

I'm not playing any games. I'm just a guy selling a car. Period!

Any respectful input or suggestions would be appreciated. Again, please be respectful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I don't think you are blacklisted. It's a 'meh' car....I don't mean that to be insulting, but, other than the color there is really nothing out of the ordinary. It's 100K+ in miles, it is pre-facelift, and has no out of ordinary mods, at an OK price. Recently a newer LMB M5 with a supercharger and many other mods went for 18K. Another car very similar to yours in a different color went for 12K.

Personally, if I were in the market, I would not consider you, or your car off my list, there is just nothing that would push it to the top of the list.

Good luck with sale.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts