1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
116 Posts
A friend of mine has the built in screen type is his 850 and he's happy with it. At least he managed to drive all over Europe using it last summer :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Must admit I was thinking of your "plan B" unit but had the same questions regarding usability of the small screen. Although I know of one board member who uses the same style of system only a different make of stereo.

Another thought occured to me regarding the use of the large screen. In the darkness as we drive home while using these large screens, are these not an instant magnet to all car theives in the area advertising that we have some serious stereo equipment in the car so it would be worth your while to break in! I have seen these on a number of cars and at night these things light up like a Christmas Tree - just a thought thou...

Simon

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hi MIke

Had my alpine screen in the e34 for a couple of years and yes there is a limit to the angle it will sit at but i find it an acceptable uograde and still managed to watch a few films on DVD without too much drama (Barney for the little man and Hi5 mostly :blabla: )

It fits and quite well me thinks

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
London Mike said:
Do you remember which model it was Steve?
Hi Mike

It is the CVA 1003R and fits in a single din slot with the motorised screen.

The newer ones have the DVD built in (sat nav and films but this might be the Pioneer)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that was the one I was looking at (well, the 1004) but I didn't think the screen would be usable. How many degrees off the vertical can you get it? Got any pics of it open by chance? :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
London Mike said:
Yes, that was the one I was looking at (well, the 1004) but I didn't think the screen would be usable. How many degrees off the vertical can you get it? Got any pics of it open by chance? :)
Mike

E mail me direct on [email protected] and i will send you back a pic in the dash open right away. Hurry though as Top Gun has just started and haven`t seen it in a few years ouich

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hope you got your e-mails gents

If you want you can post the pic because i dont have a scooby how to ouich

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Went to check out the gallery and found the wierdest M5 ever :1:

Nice bike mike. What colour is your car then,Avus? I have the "M"fleck interior and like it but would have prefered the leather although i am not complaining :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

Guess you`ve seen the outside by now lovelove lovelove lovelove

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
London Mike said:
Yeah, I use the bike when I want to go fast :biggrin:
Incase you never realised you have 340 bhp in your silver express :wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mike

Dont know if you have made a final decision but I'm on my second Becker Sat Nav unit - DIN type screen

http://www.mobilezone.co.uk/acatalog/Becker_Satelite_Navigation.html

As far as I'm aware it only comes with a green display but that matches my origin B2 display. You can also input destination by voice which gets you some strange looks from other drivers.

Frank

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
London Mike said:
340 at the crank, the bike has 420 at the wheel. Infact it's probably about the same as the E60 M5 except it weighs about 500 lbs :D
None too shabby lovelove

1 - 20 of 50 Posts