BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows who or where can I source this cloth/fabric?
I might know where it can reproduce it, but would need a small sample.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be best if someone who would own the fabric could sell me a small part so I could make this happen.
Many of you dont know me but I am insanely in the E31 community on Bimmerforums.

·
Registered
27 Posts
set up charge

I think companies will do this, but the set up charge will be major money. Have to get a group of people to buy in I guess.
jm

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have you been able to get a sample of the wide stripe (late 1970's) Alpina cloth?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Potentially Great news, Thanks.

Please explain how you intend to "Reproduce" the Fabric.

Likely there are several members that have "Samples" of the Early & Late versions of the vertically striped fabric including myself.

I can supply the original vertical striping dimensions for both the woven & velour early fabrics that were used on Recaro & Scheel seats. I wouldn't be able to forward any samples without additional information ie; Approximate pricing per meter, Lead time etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Potentially Great news, Thanks.

Please explain how you intend to "Reproduce" the Fabric.

Likely there are several members that have "Samples" of the Early & Late versions of the vertically striped fabric including myself.

I can supply the original vertical striping dimensions for both the woven & velour early fabrics that were used on Recaro & Scheel seats. I wouldn't be able to forward any samples without additional information ie; Approximate pricing per meter, Lead time etc.

I can reproduce fabric on old Kalr mayer weaving machine. Same types os machnes been used by Bmw to produce Woven fabrics.
Woven is very difficult to reproduce. But ther is no problem with color of yarns so we can get 100% reproduction.
Velur is easy to reproduce but palette of colors is limited.
Hire is a example of headliner material I made in this technology.

screen capture tool

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will this work?
Well yes and no. It will be good to reproduce fabric looking like Alpina but not perfect reproduction.
I will need someone to fill data on my drawing: A,B.C,D and just for duble check A1,A2
Please if you can provide this in mm not Inch that will help me alot.
Also I note on those pictures that borders are very random shape.....
This also makes reproduction from pictures more difficult.

post img

·
Registered
291 Posts
That last velour one looks like a reproduction attempt that was not done correctly.
Color, dimensions, everything looks wrong.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I, and most folks I've heard that need cloth, are looking for the striped canvas shown above, and here.

This is what all first "production" cars of the late 70's used (B7Turbo, B6, etc).

My measurements on this are:
A 12mm
B 60mm
C 50mm
D 20mm
A1 56mm
A2 110mm

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm sure I could pull a seat and trim a bit of extra to help the color match. How small a strip could you work with?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts