BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you already now, I have been maintaining an Alpina register for a couple of years now and am toying with the idea of putting at least some of the information on-line.

I'd be curious to hear feedback on what you think of the following format:
E36 B3 3.0 example

Kees

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Fantastic Kees, and as this register gets better known on the net owners will send in pics of the car and you can link them all together?

Great stuff

all the best
adam

·
Registered
146 Posts
Should prove to be an excellent resource!

Will you be keeping the background white? In any case, I feel the script could be more pronounced on the page.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B10Ken said:
Should prove to be an excellent resource!

Will you be keeping the background white? In any case, I feel the script could be more pronounced on the page.
Valid points. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
The thing is you would have to perhaps keep a separate database for the car pics, and that would involve a lot of memory bandwidth.

However at the moment i think this is a very good resource

all the best
adam

·
Registered
339 Posts
Great idea it would be interesting to know how many B10 V8's are in the UK
LHD/RHD etc.

Must get a picture of mine on to the board.

LHD V8 Alpina Blue No. 737:M5launch:

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
igneousb said:
Great idea it would be interesting to know how many B10 V8's are in the UK
LHD/RHD etc.
Currently I know of 6 Limousines and 0 Tourings, however there are bound to be more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats wicked mate, good job, its intresting to see what cars are were, and if they have been destroyed like the B8:crying: I noticed

Only one thing from me and that is that the B3 3.2 Coupe no54 in black isnt lying in the UK mate it lives in Jesey Channel Islands on my driveway, there arent that many Alpinas in the channel Islands, I only know of 2 B3's in jersey including mine and a handful of B10's so would be cool if you could list them as Jersey/Guernsey I realise it might be a pain but would be wicked to see what cars lie on these very small islands

Otherwise wicked site

Alex

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks very much Kees, for this register. Very useful information. Does anyone (you? ) know who is behind each of these cars? how di you collect all this stuff?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Excellent kees, a great resource and very interesting

all the best
adam

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alpinaal said:
Only one thing from me and that is that the B3 3.2 Coupe no54 in black isnt lying in the UK mate it lives in Jesey Channel Islands on my driveway, there arent that many Alpinas in the channel Islands, I only know of 2 B3's in jersey including mine and a handful of B10's so would be cool if you could list them as Jersey/Guernsey I realise it might be a pain but would be wicked to see what cars lie on these very small islands
Sorry - I swept the Channel Islands in with the UK. I now understand that might have been stepping on some toes... if you could let me know which cars are located in Jersey I will change that asap.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sherlock said:
Thanks very much Kees, for this register. Very useful information. Does anyone (you? ) know who is behind each of these cars? how di you collect all this stuff?
I have an idea with many of the cars who owns or has owned them. This register started off from Janne's old website 3 years ago with about 50 cars from people who spontaneously mailed him on the basis of his Unofficial Alpina website (in the days before Alpina had their own corporate website). Since then it has grown out to include around 1800+ cars at the moment.

Over the last years, I have met many people with Alpina's, looked at a variety of Alpina's in person and encountered other people with information. Many of these cars have an interesting story attached to them - I hope to add that over time. Also I have pictures of around 80% of the cars.

·
Registered
296 Posts
kees said:
Ok guys - have a look and tell me what you think.

First draft of Unofficial Alpina Register.
So that's where you've been hiding the Unofficial Alpina Homepage! Nice to see it again. Found my #072 in the list already. Feel free to change the "dark blue" to "Baltic Blau" if your time permits.

Keep up the good work, Kees. You've created a great resource...

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bendeco said:
So that's where you've been hiding the Unofficial Alpina Homepage! Nice to see it again. Found my #072 in the list already. Feel free to change the "dark blue" to "Baltic Blau" if your time permits.
Done. It will go online with the next update (in a few weeks time permitting).

Keep up the good work, Kees. You've created a great resource...
Thanks. Glad to see other people appreciating work performed.

·
2,941 Posts
Hello Kees,

Excellent job. :thumbsup:

In September 2003 I saw a Bordeaux red E34 B10 3.3 Touring Allrad for sale at a former BMW dealer (Roseg garage) in Pontresina (Switzerland). Asking price was sfr 19900. I don't know the production number, but I have some pictures of that car and it's description with the listed options. I also know that the date of first (Swiss) registry was 01/1994.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts