BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,166 Posts
b9projectcar said:
Hello Andy G

Thanks for the comments. I know a little bit about your white car become red, but i didn't knew you replaced the complete shell.
In France, that is completly illegal to do that, even if the result may be the same.
I'm sorry that you had to do that on your car.

In fact, i have a friend, having restored a 320 baur bmw, that was very rusty, so i wasn't affraid at all by the rust of my B9.
All the most important and structural parts of the car are safe. I think i stopped the cancer for some years, and in 5 or 6 years, i will have a look again, and maybe i will do a better job.
If i do a new restoration on this car later, i will replace all the iron sheet by new one, like a complete boot floor, etc...
Nothing is unreaperable.
But when i look at the car today, it looks safe, no rust anywhere, and the anti-rust paint i use seems to be efficient.

There will be a big update on my website soon, as the primer coat has been done. The new paint is planed for end of september.

Hi!!
Nice work. The 528i seemed to be in very good shape. Did you use doors/hood etc from that car as it seems that those must have been in better shape than the ones from the B9?

cherrsagai
Sakke

· Registered
1,166 Posts
b9projectcar said:
BIG UPDATE on my website today :haha2:
restoration pages 31, 32, 33 and 34 are online.

Drsakke> Yes the 528i was very good, i've bought to take every pieces of it that is compatible in the B9.
So the carpet, the dashboard, the middle console, the doors and doors panel, the hood, the bonet, the front wings and bumpers, the rear lights, the front lights, the front grills, the hood carpet set, etc, etc...
I've bought it for the amazing price of 300 euros, and when you think a front bumper costs 600 euros, a rear light 300, you can imagine how happy i'm to get all the parts i need for the price of one rear light.
The rear bumper is bad shape, unfortunatly.

Today, i order a new steering wheel, a new front spoiler, a gearknob, to wallothnesh.com.
When the car will be resprayed, it will look like a new one, except for the motor bay, that i will do slowly, during the automn. At the end of the year, the car will be completed.
Hi!
Any progress? Pics/updates wanted!

Sakke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.