BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Crap i knew i should have taken more pics of the b8 :( i cant believe it lol

And i have just received the service booklet from alex and the car was always service at Alpina very regurlarly(every 10k km)

Hi Khalid! :cheers: Thank you very much

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Congrats Adam!
You have a very nice stable in the family.

Any thoughts of buying a hi-performance sedan ? B10 Bi-turbo perhaps ?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes the B10 bi turbo was high on my list, it has so much going for it(fantastic looks, great performance, room etc)

However i went for the b8 over the b10 because imho

1) Its a bit too old for me, I think in 10 years i would like to add one to the stable!
2) I feel that currently i am too used to the best turbo-charged engines in the world, and feel that i would not be impressed by the BT engine,(Which is not to say that it isnt a fantastic engine just not special compared to what i am used to)
3) Very hard to find the car i would have wanted and if i did somewhat outside my price range

I thought about buying our current m5, but i think that i am also too used to that also :)

I also thought of the Audi RS2, which in electric blue is a fantastic looking machine, though dynamically the car falls well short of a car with a BMW/Alpina badge, though prices were very good...

Also looked at M3 GT/3.0 but felt that they were a bit too sporty for my taste and that as i am buying this car to do mainly long distance journeys on motorways from my home in the south of england to the north where my Uni is would be a bit tiring, also most people can spot an M3 or know what they are and i dont really want that :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
I think the B8 is a perfect car for you. A bit more comfort and more like a mini M5 E39 than a M3 that is more of a more tuned E34 M5 if we're talking engine characteristics.

Also, it is very rare and considereed among Alpinas best cars.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had a good look through those pics Gustav and some of them were really great, i think that the picture of the CTR in the shell station was fantastic.. i think it is 222, my dad was very pleased with it! ;)

Good stuff and thanks for taking the pics then as i didnt have my camera with me.

Will you be able to come over to RUF again when im there in the spring?

a

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Adam said:
I had a good look through those pics Gustav and some of them were really great, i think that the picture of the CTR in the shell station was fantastic.. i think it is 222, my dad was very pleased with it! ;)

Indeed. It is very nice. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yep thats the one!:cheers:

all the best
adam

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Also, there is a good one with the CSL and B8 visible. I thought the Shell logo looked nice with the colour of the Ruf.

Maybe I can have time this spring, but it hsould work alot better in the summrr . We'll see. Have to finish the writeup as well :)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Congrats on the B8 again Adam, and let me know if you need more owner's info :)

You should consider going to the Alpina meeting in Buchloe next summer. Or maybe it is time to arrange a Nürburgring meeting again soon?

Michael

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Jeremy,
Thank you again really valuable helpful info :)

Gustav,
Whenever you are planning just let me know ;)

Michael,
Thanks again :) A NS meeting is a must, and i will definetly try to make the Alpina meeting in Buchloe

all the best
adam

21 - 34 of 34 Posts