BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and i went to the nurburgring 24hr, and we stupidly decided to camp. Also it decided to rain the whole time we were there, which made the campsite a mud bath,

Which is bad news if you are driving a RWD Alpina with Michelin Pilots Sport 2's and running some silly profile. Needless to say we got stuck, badly,

Enjoy:

Also i am having the car go in for some fixes it needs with Alpina on the 18th. I had all my brakes replaced 3 weeks ago(everything) and now after some pretty spirited driving they are squeeling at low speed. Do you think that i have a leg to stand on if i ask them to fix this problem with no charge?

all the best
adam

p.s i spent a long time cleaning the car when i got home! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Standard pads? The pads are the most likely cause of the squealing...

I remember Lucie was a bit dodgy on the wet grass/mud at Donington for the BMW show in 2002!

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alot of pushing and then if you look to the left of the pic you can see a tiny little tractor, and this thing pulled the car out easily!

I am sorry this might have offended some people also i believe that one should never do it to a B8. But it was the only way out, and erh, we failed in getting out. Desperate, desperate measures etc

all the best
adam

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hythe said:
Standard pads? The pads are the most likely cause of the squealing...

I remember Lucie was a bit dodgy on the wet grass/mud at Donington for the BMW show in 2002!
Yes the brakes are completely standard, and i think i will ask for them to replace the pads! hmmm hmmm

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try going in reverse and break hard. Your squiiqing noise will propably go away after that. Standard problem with original breake pads ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Adam,

Where abouts on the Ring did you camp? While I've been there many times, it's only been to drive on tourist days and chatting with the group of friends I go with, we've often thought that we ought to visit during a racing even and see it used properly!

What was it like by the way - any similarities with Le Mans etc? A worthy alternative?

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The race was great, the rest was rubbish. Wholly due to the appaulling weather conditions, all it did was rain, rain and ahem, rain.

I think that if it was sunny, and warm, it would have been the best weekend.

We camped at Adenaur Forst, and had a good view of the track.

AlpinaB8,

Thank you for the advice,:cheers:

all the best
adam

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Adam - I thought you had learned your lesson when we (almost) got the CTR stuck on grass at the overflow carpark? ;)

(saying that I stupidly parked my car on R tires on the same parking lot later on and had exactly the same problem :hihi: )

Did you manage to go to the pits and visit Johan?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kees said:
Adam - I thought you had learned your lesson when we (almost) got the CTR stuck on grass at the overflow carpark? ;)

(saying that I stupidly parked my car on R tires on the same parking lot later on and had exactly the same problem :hihi: )

Did you manage to go to the pits and visit Johan?
That was funny :)

No we didnt get to the pits, which is a huge shame imho, we only hung around the Breidscheid and Adenaur Areas,

all the best
adam

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great picture.

I warned you about camping Adam:1: !

This was the first 24Hrs I missed in 4 yrs, but judging from the rain I'm glad it was this one I missed, I'll be back next year.

Shame you missed the pits at night, thats an amazing spectacle - maybe next year.........

Guy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Adam-was it your B8 I saw at the Scuderia Hanseat Meeting two weeks ago? Coupe #10?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes it was Adams cars at the Scuderia Hanseat. I was also there in my Alpina.

Guy

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think Adam had a small problem the other day....:sad1: The right door didn't looked as it should....:confused3

·
Registered
98 Posts
kees said:
How did you perform in the Abschlussprufung?
Adam came joint top in the beginners of our group:happybirt , which was a great result and a testament to 100s of laps of practice on GT4:thumbsup:

I have many excuses ranging from wheel-bearing problems, to missing one afternoon of the course, but I basically didn't do very well in the test as I don't know the course very well:eek: .

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
GuyGT2 said:
Adam came joint top in the beginners of our group:happybirt , which was a great result and a testament to 100s of laps of practice on GT4:thumbsup:

I have many excuses ranging from wheel-bearing problems, to missing one afternoon of the course, but I basically didn't do very well in the test as I don't know the course very well:eek: .
But Guy, I have never been down fuchroe so fast in my life in a Touring! :1:

We should def. do next year, i think it would have been great fun if we had nice weather(which it should have been ). Camping would have been great but this time, it was so cold and miserable, and unbelievably wet. ouich

Alpinab846:

Yep that was my car at the Scuderia, the damage was from meeting a concrete wall in italy, soon to be fixed at ruf :cheers:

all the best
adam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts