BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would detail my experiences of fitting a Megajolt ignition system to a 1981 Alpina B7s.

My father and uncle have owned the car since 1989 and in 2009 the ignition system failed and no one seemed to be able to get it working again so the car was put away in a barn and forgotten. I got the car back out of the barn at the end of last year and decided to attempt to get it running again by fitting a Megajolt programmable ignition system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been working out how to post images Mike.

Here goes for my first image. This is the car the day it came out of the barn.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Another no go. Want to email them to me and I can post?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its strange. I am posting the pictures by adding them to an album on this site and then clicking on the insert image button and pasting in the BB code. The pictures appear ok when I post them but I suspect as soon as anyone else views them they seem to disappear and I can also no longer view them in my album. I have changed the privacy settings on my album and I will give it another try.

Mike can you view the 3 images in my Alpina B7s album?

·
Registered
293 Posts
There is one photo there, of the car sitting looking very dirty in the rain.
The file size is quite large (~2.5meg). You may have blown by your limit for the site with that first pic.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey wait, now that image in the rain has appeared in the thread here. It's actually there twice. Your second attempt is now working, as well as the one today.

I still think it might be too big a file. Although I don't see any file size limits spelled out in the 'manage attachments' window any more, there used to be file size limits listed there. I usually shrink pics to maybe 250kb or so before uploading (vice the 2500kb of your pic there). But again, I started shrinking pics based on size limits that I no longer see. Moderator?!?!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I will add the remaining photos as attachments as that seems to be a more successful method. I will sort through my photos and put the megajolt installation photos on later this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts