BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the B7 isn't listed on the BMWNA website anymore...just the 750 and 760. Or was this not the case previously?

Also - the color Azurit Black which was offered on the North American version of the B7 is actually an Individual color.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It's true the B7 is no longer available as BMW and Alpina are getting ready for the launch of the new 7 series later this year. Expect the new B7 in 2009/2010.

I'd be very interested to see what engine they put in the next B7 as this is most likely the same engine that will go into the F10 B5...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh Really???

Wow! I thought that the current B7 was intended to be produced until July or August (I can't remember which) of 2008; at least that is what the BMWUSA website previously stated.

Do you know if the '07/'08 model production runs have ended for sure or is this merely an assumption?

Kees -

I know that you were keeping track of VIN numbers, mine of which you already have. How many B7 cars were shipped to the US and Canada by your estimation?

Thanks for your help, guys...

Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks very much, Kees... please do keep us posted if those numbers change much, won't you?

Does anyone know if any additional B7 cars are still to be built during the remainder of the '08 production run? Is this already over at this point?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks very much, Kees... please do keep us posted if those numbers change much, won't you?

Does anyone know if any additional B7 cars are still to be built during the remainder of the '08 production run? Is this already over at this point?
They may still be building '08 models as mine was only recently built and is expected to arrive at the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As an FYI, I had an E-mail exchange with my contact at Alpina in Buchloe who stated that the final few '08 B7 cars are currently in production. When these are completed, the final number of B7s produced for the '07 & '08 model years will be exactly 800.

At least this is what Mr. Rimpler at Alpina says...

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alex Rimpler would know... if he is right then they are down to the last few cars of the production.

Around 550 units in MY2007 and 250 in MY2008.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts