BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the latest issue of Auto Motor und Sport (24/04) they have a high-speed test and one of the participating cars is the BMW Alpina B7. And it proves to be faster than Alpina claims at an impressive 311 km/h. It´s the fastest Alpina ever :M5launch:

The fastest car in the test was the Mercedes AMG SL65 with a mighty top-speed of 338 km/h :cool:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
338km/h is strong for the 65...was this a chipped car?

all the best
adam

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Adam said:
338km/h is strong for the 65...was this a chipped car?

all the best
adam
Probably just delimited otherwise it would be considered modified.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Probably just delimited otherwise it would be considered modified.
Ashok, apart from the delimiting, it is not a particularly closely guarded secret that car manufacturers make sure their cars are 110% for 'important' magazine tests (and I have also heard that this can include retuning the ECU or raising the boost pressure and so on). In other words, often the cars are not identical to the showroom model.

Cheers,

Neil

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Good point neil, like the test a few years back where the Sl55 beat the murci to 300km/h

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
ive had 322 kmh on my bi-turbo and that was just recently and it came up on dash max speed.

·
Registered
885 Posts
m5 killer said:
ive had 322 kmh on my bi-turbo and that was just recently and it came up on dash max speed.
Thats some real speed you got out of the old lady there M5killer.I haven't got a chance to test that sort of speeds on mine,but its still very nice to drive the BT with 200km+.The accelleration up there still amazes me,always brings a smile on my face :wroom:

·
Banned
664 Posts
Word on the street (Nick Godfry at MPH04) is the B5 will be restricted to 203mph / 327kmh...

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
"restricted" at 203mph? What will be its top speed?! Fantastic, a serious competitor to the m5..

all the best
adam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts