BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm looking on changing my B3 s and have a dilemma on my hands on what to get next. I have seen a cracking B6 V8 convertible for sale in the UK on a 2006 plate which seems quite pricey as I can get an M6 that is newer for less money, or do I get a nearly new B3 convertible but the boot space is really bad when the roof is down.

Any thoughts

Jay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Hi Kees

You are right this one has been kicking about for quite a while, It feels expensive for a 2006 model although the mileage is low and the condition is excellent. Would def try knocking them down on the price as can get an 2008 M6 for similar money. Because there are not may of these about it's difficult to gauge what a fair price is, also with the new 6 series coming out wonder if this may knocked the value down further.

Hi Blackhse

I was going to swap my B3 S for an almost new B3 BI Turbo but was insulted by the price I was given by Sytners on the PX so decided to hold off and this is when I noticed the B6 which got me thinking. My only concern is that I love convertibles and the boot space is tiny when the roof is down. On the plus side I can get an almost new one and the fuel consumption is much better on the Bi Turbo.

I think I'll have to go and have a drive of both of them to see which I prefer, there are pro and cons with both.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
go take each car for test drive and you will know yourself what to go for...:cheers:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Kees

You are right this one has been kicking about for quite a while, It feels expensive for a 2006 model although the mileage is low and the condition is excellent. Would def try knocking them down on the price as can get an 2008 M6 for similar money. Because there are not may of these about it's difficult to gauge what a fair price is, also with the new 6 series coming out wonder if this may knocked the value down further.

Hi Blackhse

I was going to swap my B3 S for an almost new B3 BI Turbo but was insulted by the price I was given by Sytners on the PX so decided to hold off and this is when I noticed the B6 which got me thinking. My only concern is that I love convertibles and the boot space is tiny when the roof is down. On the plus side I can get an almost new one and the fuel consumption is much better on the Bi Turbo.

I think I'll have to go and have a drive of both of them to see which I prefer, there are pro and cons with both.
there is a white b3 biturbo 2008 model for around $45000 and only 36000 km. located in dubai
http://www.autotraderuae.com/index.php?go=cars_for_sale&car_id=39314
best of luck finding the right car:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M5 Killer, You are right the only way that I will be able to make up my mind will be to take them both out for a spin.

They are both such cracking cars going to be a difficult choice I'll be curious to see how much better they perform than my B3 S which has been an outstanding car. Is it a totally different drive?

Hopefully will be able to take it down to the Le Mans 24 Hrs race in June when I working down there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you have problem with gas price which all of us have, i say stay away from M6 and go for B3 S.
But if you are looking for more pace and more space, which i'm not sure B6 has more space than B3, B6 will be a good choice.

Sorena

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If you have problem with gas price which all of us have, i say stay away from M6 and go for B3 S.
But if you are looking for more pace and more space, which i'm not sure B6 has more space than B3, B6 will be a good choice.

Sorena
sorena how much do you pay for gas in tehran

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
$1 per liter, Plus I have to fuel additives to it since the quality of gas has been dropped thanks to Mr.AhmadiNejad.
filling M6's tank cost me $85.

Sorena
If the tank would be empty on my BT it would cost me to fill here in Reykjavik a USD$ 233..... EURO€ 160 and GBP 142 pounds
and this counts for 110 litres .. or 29 US gallon or UK gallon 24.2

not cheap :crying2:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
$1 per liter, Plus I have to fuel additives to it since the quality of gas has been dropped thanks to Mr.AhmadiNejad.
filling M6's tank cost me $85.

Sorena
wow 85 dollars... count yourself lucky in the uk at the moment v power from shell on average is 1.45 gbp per litre id love to fill my tanks up for 85dollars and any other gas station 98 ron is similar price

·
Registered
54 Posts
If the tank would be empty on my BT it would cost me to fill here in Reykjavik a USD$ 233..... EURO€ 160 and GBP 142 pounds
and this counts for 110 litres .. or 29 US gallon or UK gallon 24.2

not cheap :crying2:
wow 85 dollars... count yourself lucky in the uk at the moment v power from shell on average is 1.45 gbp per litre id love to fill my tanks up for 85dollars and any other gas station 98 ron is similar price
You are right, the policy that European countries chose for fuel is really unreasonable for enthusiasts, I can feel your pain guys.
About the gas price in Iran i should say it's really hard for people now since it was 20 cents per liter, it's %500 more than what we used to pay for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi All

Have now driven both the B6's for sale, very different drive from the B3 S, much quieter than I expected but really nice to drive and liked the extra space inside. Performance was great and the handling was better than I expected.

Truly a lovely motor.

Now need to test drive a Bi Turbo to compare and then need to make up mind.

Julio

1 - 17 of 17 Posts