BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
if the mileage is correct, it's a real nice Q-car -which is an icon at the same time- for that money.

Where else does one buy a "new" classic car for that kind of money?

Why it hasn't been sold yet? it's a lot of money for an 'old' car and trade in classics/youngtimers is slow anyway in holland and germany i guess.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Price has been a bit lowered (was 22.5k Euros a while back). Where to find a car in this condition for half this price ::dunno: You don't know :sad1: I fear this could be a general problem :haha:

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Fahrzeug wurde bei 145Tkm mit BMW/Alpina Neuteilen revisioniert!
= Car is overhauled at 145k km (90k miles) with new BMW/Alpina parts

simply nothing special save for a newly painted E30.

antonov said:
it's a real nice Q-car -which is an icon at the same time- for that money.
Half the price please. People tend to go out of their minds on these cars. Its JUST a rare BMWesque FFS.

Ultimate Q-car E30 is the 320iS , as owned by member BMWE21.net. 6 cilinders in an E30 won't be as pleasant as the S14~IMHO.

Wout

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Ooooohhh, controversial, Wout!

I suspect the Ultimate E30 Q-car is one with an S70 engine dropped in...

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
hythe said:
Ooooohhh, controversial, Wout!

I suspect the Ultimate E30 Q-car is one with an S70 engine dropped in...

if we're going there:

Type I 2-door chrome bumper in any flat vomit color ( or Lachssilber), with 16" rims , no RH side mirror and clear glass..*

But with an M57n Phase 2 , LSD , Proflex and small Mov'it set:7: :7: :7:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
How would you get the brakes under the rims???

I only mentioned the V12 transplant, as there have been a few M70 into E30 cases in the past...

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
16" will host a small Mov'it set IIRC.

V12 has been done, but the M57? Nobody did that yet! imagine E60 M5 torque in an E30...:D

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
The M57 motor has more torque than an M5, even in standard tune!

I suspect the biggest challenge on that one might be the length of the engine, when you consider the intercoolers, etc. - would probably require a revised front-end bodywork arrangement, which might kill the Q-car aspect of it!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Nothing beats the S14 in an E30 IMHO. Balance and nimbleness. Talking about one of the best handling M cars ever.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Danish said:
Nothing beats the S14 in an E30 IMHO. Balance and nimbleness. Talking about one of the best handling M cars ever.
Right on mate, right on. The Alpina BHP can be great, but much as the Hartge H35-24, I fear the engine is too heavy up front

Hythe

The M57n/II is the alloy version (boasting a couple of more BHP than the previous cast-iron 3.0 twinturbo) which was introduced in the X3 3.0Sd.

I think this engine will be great in the E30 , since it weighs considerably less than the "old" M30/M50 based engines.

Someday I'll convert a 324 diesel into a 335d...:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts