BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody scan the article from the b5 in the latest issue of auto motor und sport please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Thats great guys looks like a really good article. Any volunteers to translate it into English. I really must learn German.

Gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GAR19GJ said:
Thats great guys looks like a really good article. Any volunteers to translate it into English. I really must learn German.

Gary
sure gary... ;-)

4.7s for 0-100kmh seem to be a little conservative (b7 with 250kg more and worse cw-value did it in 4.8) topspeed 300kmh (limited) or >=311 (b7 at nardo). but they are still discussing, if they should limit the car to 300kmh.

acceleration is very easy, just pedal to the floor and there you go... no launch control or buttom pushing needed...

automatic tranny is very smooth, idle is at 600rpm, car has really much power...

car is mor comfty than m5. a completely different character compared to the m5. no high rpm needed. max-power already at 5500rpm. at lower rpm the "supercharger" does not work, so the car feels like a normal na 545, at medium rpm it starts its work... more than 700nm could be possible, but limited due to the capabilities of the drivetrain. car accelerates even at 200kmh very powerful. and so on...

btw the b7 needs ~15s to go to 200kmh. i guess the b5 will do it in around 13.5-14.3s --> m5 teritory :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
9852147 said:
(b7 with 250kg more and worse cw-value did it in 4.8)
Alpina has always been very humble when it comes to performance stats - in their catalogue they describe B7 0-100 km/h as "under 5.5" & the b10v8 had an official topspeed of 280km/h while i did like smth between 310-315 with it - it was slightly downhill though but still - so this smells like they got the info from an alpina official :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zero said:
Alpina has always been very humble when it comes to performance stats - in their catalogue they describe B7 0-100 km/h as "under 5.5" & the b10v8 had an official topspeed of 280km/h while i did like smth between 310-315 with it - it was slightly downhill though but still - so this smells like they got the info from an alpina official :p
no, the 4.8s for b7 were tested by a car magazine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
9852147 said:
no, the 4.8s for b7 were tested by a car magazine
i know that - alpina states 'under 5,5' - i fink the 4.7s in the b5 article comes from alpina itself - it just doesnt make sense that it would be 0.1 sec faster than the b7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
From Alpina's site;

B7- 0-100km=4.9 km/st. start=23.0
B7 long 0-100km=5.1 km/st. start=23.9

The weight difference is only 20kg.I believe the E60 M5 st/start km=22.9
The B5 i'm sure will be a bit faster ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
9852147 said:
can anybody scan the article from the b5 in the latest issue of auto motor und sport please?
The article is on Alpina's website, as PDF. I think I saw one of the cars in Buchloe yesterday when I went for inspection with my D10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Albireo said:
The article is on Alpina's website, as PDF. I think I saw one of the cars in Buchloe yesterday when I went for inspection with my D10.
Hi,

you were in yesterday? Me too. I've been there on a trip to my customer and I was very early. So I decided to have a quick glance at Alpina at around 10.30 am.

Unforunately I only saw some B7 but I met a B5 heading towards the factory.

I went to Buchloe because of the oil-questions (TWS vs. LL01, LL98). It came out that they suggest to have the TWS. It has much more security when you are pushing very hard at high temperatures. Also long time wear checks showed that TWS conserves the engine much better than the SLX0W-30. So I did everything pretty well. I will continue to change oil at every 15.000 km. I don't care about the service-computer. I will do the official service when it says I have to do, but the oil-changes I will do at 15.000km. They told me in Buchloe that this is not the worst way to do ;) .

BTW: I paid around 90 € for 12 litres TWS at Ebay germany. I think I can afford that for my 2003 B3S ;) .

So long
Cherche
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Yes, I was in Buchloe yesterday but came only before 10am because I was driving down all the way from Prague to have my turbochargers checked (D10 biturbo) which turned out not to be a problem with turbochargers but with one of the injectors which was not an Alpina but normal BMW, following a recent repair. Cost me well over eur1000 to get it replaced with the proper part but at least the car is running again as it should. What I saw in the parking lot (near the little petrol station) was a black 5 series with Alpina wheels but no badges - so not sure if this was the new B5 or just a normal 5 with Alpina wheels. Anyway, everybody at Alpina was very helpful which somewhat outweighed the cost of the repair and the 9 hours of driving in one day (went back in the evening). Regards, Martin



cherche said:
Hi,

you were in yesterday? Me too. I've been there on a trip to my customer and I was very early. So I decided to have a quick glance at Alpina at around 10.30 am.

Unforunately I only saw some B7 but I met a B5 heading towards the factory.

I went to Buchloe because of the oil-questions (TWS vs. LL01, LL98). It came out that they suggest to have the TWS. It has much more security when you are pushing very hard at high temperatures. Also long time wear checks showed that TWS conserves the engine much better than the SLX0W-30. So I did everything pretty well. I will continue to change oil at every 15.000 km. I don't care about the service-computer. I will do the official service when it says I have to do, but the oil-changes I will do at 15.000km. They told me in Buchloe that this is not the worst way to do ;) .

BTW: I paid around 90 € for 12 litres TWS at Ebay germany. I think I can afford that for my 2003 B3S ;) .

So long
Cherche
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Hi Martin,

you missed my black B3S Sedan with leather natural brown standing in front of the show room :byee55amg ? Sorry, but it was with winter tyres ;) .

Greets
Cherche
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top