BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all does anyone know what the part number is for the rear wing on the B.T.
Thank you in advance
Paul

·
Registered
669 Posts
Heckflügel Typ 687
Part Number: 41 00 688

Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Good afternoon all does anyone know what the part number is for the rear wing on the B.T.
Thank you in advance
Paul
just in case you didnt know there are two rear spoilers for the bt

Reactions: pulsapharer

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the differences between the two

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
one sits slightly higher than the other... the older one was on the earlier cars and the other was on newer cars.. any doubts speak to alpina as it was them that supplied the new one when i was in buchloe and they told me there was two types

Reactions: Ferrari-Bmw

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou m5 killer I'm just having the boot lid replaced and the wing fixings are rusted on

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Paul,

m5killer is totally right. There are 2 kind of rear spoilers for the BT. I have attached 2 pictures where the difference can be seen (hopefully). The black one is the older which I suppose you are searching for and the blue one is the rear spoiler for the latest BT. In case you need the old one, just take the number Thomas have mentioned here: 41 00 688.

Kind regards,
Ralf

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
the one on the blue car is the later one and black is the older one.. i have the one which is on the blue one now

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all you have been so much help.
There's not much difference between the two wings

·
Registered
821 Posts
Does anyone know when the change happened? I have the older one on #295 (1992).

I actually think the older design is more appealing. It's more 'meaty', distinctive, and makes it easy to spot a BT from a B10 3.5.

Is the newer version the same as the B10 3.5 or is that a different style again?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know when the change happened? I have the older one on #295 (1992).

I actually think the older design is more appealing. It's more 'meaty', distinctive, and makes it easy to spot a BT from a B10 3.5.

Is the newer version the same as the B10 3.5 or is that a different style again?
I think the change happened on the last 50 made as well as the blue dials and wider grill. i'm not sure but someone may correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts