BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Alpina B10 Biturbo TPS

1297 7
Hi, in the process of restoring my Biturbo the TPS has been damaged. The bosch part number is 0 280 120 402, it is NLA from BMW and I'm unable to find a second hand one. There are similar looking ones on US ebay but they all have the part number is 0280 120 406. Has anyone tried one of these or found a suitable replacement?

Thanks,

MIKE.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Example, google for BMW M30 trottle position sensor

You can always use an adapter. Only problem is that I don't know if it will results in the correct resistance reading you need (310 Ohm @ full load). I will try to measure one in the weekend for you from an M50 like listed above.

Second option is to source a non BMW part. I believe all Bosch position sensors (full variable or switch contact) have the same dimensions.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Good news you found one!

Interestingly I have a Bosch 0280 120 402 TPS fitted to my E30 M3 as part of the Alpha N installation with Airflow Meter delete I did a few years back. I also tracked down a TPS for sale on Amazon although the delivery lead times might suggest an out of stock part - Bosch 0280120402 Throttle Position Sensor : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Still amazed these are hard to find.

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts