BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm looking into buying an ALPINA B10 3.2. It has 200 000 kms on the clock and was wondering how many miles can these engines go through before going through a major overhaul (considering the fact that they were properly maintained by Alpina and regularly fed cherrsagai Castrol RX). Did anyone own one of these babies and has some practical experience with them?
Regards,
Raphael

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Maybe someone can clarify if the B10 3.2 engine is basically the same as the B3 3.0/3.2 engine? If so, that will allow more owners to contribute.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would imagine it is, afterall they are all based on the same 2.8litre engine - aren't they?

My 3.2 B10 has done 170,000km and seems OK, but that doesn't really tell you very much. That said there is a 3.3 B10 advertised currently for sale that had required a new engine at 110,000km, so I guess it's just down to luck.

Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GuyGT2 said:
I would imagine it is, afterall they are all based on the same 2.8litre engine - aren't they?

My 3.2 B10 has done 170,000km and seems OK, but that doesn't really tell you very much. That said there is a 3.3 B10 advertised currently for sale that had required a new engine at 110,000km, so I guess it's just down to luck.

Guy

Could you tell me if you had any problems with yours (simple wear and tear stuff) that I should be looking at?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've only had the car for about 4 months or so, so cannot really add a lot of detail. The only things I've had problems with have been other wear and tear items such as wheel bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts