BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had to post this here. First, thanks to others posting here on the installation process, I was able to confidently direct my mechanic on how to ensure the O2 sensor cable would fit. Based on a member here's description, we fnnished the job confidently with their comments on initial concern but completin showed everything was fine.

Secondly, the performacne improvement. I really didn't know what to expect but I can tell you, there is a sigfnificant perfromance increase. Not necessarily HP increase but responsiveness. WOW. The throttle dip in garners almost immediate response where I always felt some minor signs of turbo lag and disconnection to the DCT. It was minor but now it feels as if it was significant. Not now however. The power band almost feels more linear with the better breathing exhaust. The car feels that much quicker.

The turbos are much more pronounced in sound now when starting from a stop. I like the sound from the cabin and the sunroof open. The car sounds like a turbo technological masterpiece.

But the real reason I wanted this upgrade was for the exhust sound. From idle there is not much differnece from stock but when you initiate WOT look out. The pops and burbles on upshift and downshift are remarkable.

While a pricey upgrade I think it is worth every penny. I will dyno the car with the catted sport pipes and eventual exhaust. I was going to change to a Race exhaust but I think the combination of these down pipes and Sport exhaust will be perfect.

If you were on the fecne as I was, do it. You will fall in love with your M5 even more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had to post this here. First, thanks to others posting here on the installation process, I was able to confidently direct my mechanic on how to ensure the O2 sensor cable would fit. Based on a member here's description, we fnnished the job confidently with their comments on initial concern but completin showed everything was fine.

Secondly, the performacne improvement. I really didn't know what to expect but I can tell you, there is a sigfnificant perfromance increase. Not necessarily HP increase but responsiveness. WOW. The throttle dip in garners almost immediate response where I always felt some minor signs of turbo lag and disconnection to the DCT. It was minor but now it feels as if it was significant. Not now however. The power band almost feels more linear with the better breathing exhaust. The car feels that much quicker.

The turbos are much more pronounced in sound now when starting from a stop. I like the sound from the cabin and the sunroof open. The car sounds like a turbo technological masterpiece.

But the real reason I wanted this upgrade was for the exhust sound. From idle there is not much differnece from stock but when you initiate WOT look out. The pops and burbles on upshift and downshift are remarkable.

While a pricey upgrade I think it is worth every penny. I will dyno the car with the catted sport pipes and eventual exhaust. I was going to change to a Race exhaust but I think the combination of these down pipes and Sport exhaust will be perfect.

If you were on the fecne as I was, do it. You will fall in love with your M5 even more.
Do you already have a tune to take full advantage of the DP's? When you say sport exhaust, is that the M-sport (made by Akra) or the Comp Pack exhaust? I'm asking because I want to change out my DP's as well, but keep the stock CP exhaust.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My M5 has the competition package and I still have the stock exhaust after the downpipes. I don’t have a tune to the ECU as I am trying to avoid that. I am debating swapping out the rear exhaust cans for Esienmann Sports. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts