BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow, just took a ride in my friends SLK55 which he just got back from a Kleeman Supercharger/Headers/Cams install and the thing is insane. The torque from 1500rpm all the way to redline just overwhelms the traction control. The exhaust is thunderous and intoxicating, sound like pure evil. It is absolutely ridiculous. Kleeman says the standard supercharger install makes 550hp and the headers and cams make it 596hp. Next time he comes around, I'll stick the GoPro on to film it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Awesome! I have an AA Gen VI Stage II supercharged 2002 E46 M3 cab that puts out 620 hp (510hp at the wheels0 and it is a blast. It literally overpowers traction control in 1st and 2nd, and even 3rd if it is cold outside. Definitely more fun in the warm weather...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that's some serious HP for a convertible. Any videos?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just bought it in March so I haven't done any videos yet. There is a video of it on the Dyno at Active Autowerke. They actually put this car together at the AA facility and tested it there. It is either on YouTube, 6speedonline or on the M3 board. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, beautiful car, love the CF interior and Alcantara wheel. Love the wheels and CSL trunk as well. Awesome. Thanks for posting. Whats your ET for 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
316 Posts
LOL...I don't know. I don't have any HP junkie friends in Nashville that will go play with me other than my 993 Porsche buddies, although I think they would appreciate the M3 and the S/C kit. I need to find someone to help me go test it out.

I will tell you that it has so much damn boost I am totally afraid of first gear, because I don't think the SMG can shift fast enough in auto(not that I use it)...if I hit the shift up paddle at 6,750 it hits 8,000 before it shifts!!! One miss or one auto shift that doesn't shift in time will make for a very bad day. I need to call the guys at AA and ask if there is a built in rev limiter or not...that would give me peace of mind like never before.

Having said all that...the car is blistering fast and is easily controlled in gears 2-6 as long as you have the cajones to hang on...LOL!!! Handles really well too...although it needs a nicer set of shoes than what it came with. I think warm weather and some REALLY sticky tires will give me much more confidence in first gear this summer.

I'll ask the P.O. if he has any 1/4 mile times...

Reactions: Pistolero
1 - 7 of 7 Posts