BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grrrr:
Bumper to bumper in traffic, and merging lane to my right ends 20 meters ahead, and 5 empty car lengths behing me, but idiot in red Golf HAS to pass me. Misses side-swiping me by a centimeter!

I hit the horn (why so whimpy:confused: ) and give him a one-finger salute...and he stops his p.o.s. car in front of me and puts his head out the window and starts screaming at me :confused: Almost got out of the car to give him a little lecture, but instead just sat shaking my head as the idiot sat there ranting and raving for 30 seconds before he procedes. Coincidentaly I calmly folllow him for several minutes on my normal route to work, and I think he got nervous, as he pulled aside and let me pass, which I do - M button activated and 120 decibel - thank you M5.

But that M on the back certainly is as a red rag to a bull for some people out there...

Jonas

·
Registered
943 Posts
Glad you were ok!

Isn´t it sad with these yealous guys in the traffic?

When I ordered my car I had decided to have it debadged, just because of things like this. But then I thought, what the h***, if I buy a new M5 I want the M5 badge on it. It feels more complete that way! :M5launch:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

Similar thing happened a year ago at exact same place, but I was in my M3.
Guy in a volvo (in a suit, too) is in the lane next to me, and for some reason upset with me, and staring and shouting at me, while we are stopped in traffic.
(I had been in his blindspot while he was merging, so for safety's sake I hit the gas to get out of harms way)

Anyway, the car ahead of me moves, so I move too, and the mad guy next to me, still looking at me, moves ahead too. Only problem: the car in front of him had not moved :hihi: Kabang! no major damage, but I just snickered to myself and drove on...

Jonas

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a bunch of guys in a m3 want a race - but the place they picked to try and encourage me to race was immediately after leaving the pay station of a Toll Road - which has traffic cameras and CCTV covering the whole area, jeez you might as well have popped your licence in the post ,there and then to get your penalty points.I find as a group (generalization follows) young drivers in Imprezas with exhausts big enough to swallow small children and passing dogs are the most hyperactive when it comes to wanting to play racing driver.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Idiots are pretty easy to spot and I never give the finger, lecture them, or otherwise attempt to engage them. I want them to just go as quickly as possible and have my time around them as brief as possible.

I've seen too many people who engaged themselves in road rage incidents and whatever satisfaction is gained from making your feelings known is never worth the risks inherent from interacting with idiots.

Tom

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bernhtp said:
Idiots are pretty easy to spot and I never give the finger, lecture them, or otherwise attempt to engage them. I want them to just go as quickly as possible and have my time around them as brief as possible.

I've seen too many people who engaged themselves in road rage incidents and whatever satisfaction is gained from making your feelings known is never worth the risks inherent from interacting with idiots.

Tom
Road rage can be a real violent problem, in the US and UK, I have heard of serious injury, and even deaths, but no yet here in Sweden. Tooting your horn is about as bad as it gets here...But Sweden is getting worse in all aspects regarding crime and violence...

Jonas

·
Registered
623 Posts
That’s was one of the reasons why I tinted my windows. It definitely helps to ignore some idiots and it makes less furious those idiots as well because they simply cannot see you reaction :byebye:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Must admit I have always de-badged my cars as I end up with a great deal less attention from the idiots which seem to infest the roads of the world nowadays!

Plus I can have much more fun playing when I am in the mood and unless they are observant enough they never knew what went past them.....:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mine is arriving debadged. I'm hoping it will still have the little M5 logos on the side vent scoops. These are small enough to let the informed what they're dealing with. Pick your battles carefully boys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts