BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M hasn't been running just right and I was getting pretty busy and not having enough time to spend on it. We looked at other cars but somehow they didn't have the feel of the M. So, we've decided to set aside $2k to put into the M to bring it back up to spec. That, plus it only has 70k miles and I know it's maintenance and service history. Besides, it's far cheaper to spend $2k on parts and service than to sell the M and put in another $8-10k and purchase something else. It would take a lot of gas, repairs and insurance to make that up. So, the M stays put in the stable.....:cheers:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just went through a similar thought process on the car and decide to keep her for a while. I've been through those "needy" periods when the car seems to be costing a lot to keep in tip top form, but after the analysis, the cost to replace it with something comparable doesn't make sense yet. The car is damn good even compared to the more modern sports sedans!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
+1 - Folks rarely do the "math" on these types of things. Unless you have a catastrophic failure of an insanely expensive component, it is almost never better to go out and buy something else. Of course, only you can determine what your "comfort" level is with regard to break downs, etc. For me, since I drive my car in town 99% of the time I'm always more comfortable in a breakdown situation than I might be if say my wife were driving the same vehicle on long out of town trips through areas that resemble the set of "The Hills Have Eyes", etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts