·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
but im finally getting the M... pics soon

·
Registered
212 Posts
Though a fun car, it doesn't even come close. You trusted your gut, and made the right decision. I'm sure when Saturday came you would have wanted to return it anyways.

There's just nothing as solid, luxurious, and precise as an ///M car.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
You need to take a deep breath and relax. Earlier you posted about buying an M5 with accident damage and now you are posting that you almost purchased a Mustang cause you can't wait 2 days for the M5 to arrive. You need to think about what you are doing. I know buying cars are emotional, however stop, think, listen and make a good decision. You're all over the road and need to focus to avoid a 40+K mistake.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I agree with michael. Have a Little patience and make.sure its "right" not "right now". There are many that wouldn't helping you locate the "right" car. I have friends as Fields BMW that can look they have multiple dealerships. You want an "M" and buying.anything else will make you regret it aand.in a few months you will be back to.looking. so spare yourself the headache and just look and.you will find the right one. I.come across a few lately helping my friend locate his Alpine white one. Found.two.in west coast that are looking strong. He wants an 08 or 09 . Very picky but.also not.in a hurry.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
I agree with michael. Have a Little patience and make.sure its "right" not "right now". There are many that wouldn't helping you locate the "right" car. I have friends as Fields BMW that can look they have multiple dealerships. You want an "M" and buying.anything else will make you regret it aand.in a few months you will be back to.looking. so spare yourself the headache and just look and.you will find the right one. I.come across a few lately helping my friend locate his Alpine white one. Found.two.in west coast that are looking strong. He wants an 08 or 09 . Very picky but.also not.in a hurry.

I agree Fields BMW is a class act. If I decide to buy another BMW they will get my call, Can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You need to take a deep breath and relax. Earlier you posted about buying an M5 with accident damage and now you are posting that you almost purchased a Mustang cause you can't wait 2 days for the M5 to arrive. You need to think about what you are doing. I know buying cars are emotional, however stop, think, listen and make a good decision. You're all over the road and need to focus to avoid a 40+K mistake.
I agree. How old is the OP? 12? I mean seriously. You can't wait 2 days for a car to arrive? And thinking about buying a mustang instead? Wow, not even in the same league. You must be very compulsive person :dunno:

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. How old is the OP? 12? I mean seriously. You can't wait 2 days for a car to arrive? And thinking about buying a mustang instead? Wow, not even in the same league. You must be very compulsive person :dunno:
I am....... But I will wait. It's for the wife anyway. I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Michael couldn't be more right. While the E60 M5 is a great car, it is very complex and therefore there are plenty of poorly-maintained examples out there that will break down on you and cost you a lot of money. Drive as many M5s as you can so you can make sure you pick one that drives strongly and feels tight. After you pick the one you want, get a thorough pre-purchase inspection and look over the service records. Then make sure you have an extended warranty (if the car is not CPO, get an aftermarket warranty), as this is too complex a machine to buy and not be covered.

Good luck with the purchase!

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome to the family!

The beast has a small getting used to period, if you stick together for that period you'll come to appreciate it so much that you won't mind running to feed its insatiable thirst for 10W-60, watching the small gas tank drain in frequent city use and feeling the less than natural upshifts the SMG performs at low speeds with S1.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome to the family!

The beast has a small getting used to period, if you stick together for that period you'll come to appreciate it so much that you won't mind running to feed its insatiable thirst for 10W-60, watching the small gas tank drain in frequent city use and feeling the less than natural upshifts the SMG performs at low speeds with S1.
My god are there really people using S1 or D1??????

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well , teat drove the ///m and it's perfect. Finishing up the paperwork and will be posting pics soon . Just wish it had the heads up display.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Well , teat drove the ///m and it's perfect. Finishing up the paperwork and will be posting pics soon . Just wish it had the heads up display.

Most of the members will tell you that its a must have, I have it but never use it...I hate digital numbers. You won´t have time thinking about that when you hear that mighty V10 :D Congratulations, and show us some pics :M5thumbs:

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a head up selling right now on eBay for 500 but how would I make that work?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
There's a head up selling right now on eBay for 500 but how would I make that work?
I'm pretty sure HUD equipped M5s have a different kind of windshield that is needed for projecting the numbers from the display, so you would likely have to replace this as well if you are intending to retrofit a HUD into the M5. I bet this would be a very difficult and expensive procedure. If this is an option that you care about (personally, I love it and it is great for resale, but if you really like the one you plan to buy it may be worth just getting that one) I would suggest just finding an M5 with HUD.

afc1

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are spending 40-45k....get everything you want!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Congrats on the car. Don't.worry about HUD. The cost is steep not only the unit but the dash and the windshield. The button near the lights. The m mode programming etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts