BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising around the other day and stopped in at the local Porsche dealership. I took out a 2005 Carrera. I've never driven a Porsche before. Man what an awesome car. Fast, awesome handling and looks pretty sweet. It was a lot of fun. Almost bought it! Then I realized that it wouldn't be such a smart idea. When I'm in my car I'm on the phone although it's blue tooth, or trying to write something or drink my coffee. Wouldn't be able to do that in the Porsche. The suspension is so stiff I'd be wearing my coffee.

A great car with a specific purpose but I still love the M5. I'm curious about something. On paper the two cars are about the same in straight line performance but the Porsche seemed a lot faster. Maybe it's my imagination.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I also at one time took out a Porsche and within 3 minutes my observations were that this car rides rough, doesn't feel as solid as my M5, theres no room to stretch out and made me feel like if I got into an accident with an Esuvee I would be skrunched.

In the end, It was realy glad I was driving home in my M5... :haha:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
997 is a great car with the S version having amazing times on circuits. However it does not have the versatlility and understatement that an M5 has. A Porsche is a porsche, in borh a good way and a bad way, at least here in Sweden.

·
Registered
323 Posts
So far there has only been one that tempted me to switch and its none of the obvious . Recently i had the pleasure of a track day where there was a completely fee hand. It was beautifully balanced and i have to say for ultimate driving satisfaction there was nothing better. All i can say ....( and i know i am going to get so much grief here ) try one , then come back to me and tell me im wrong .......oh and dont forget to switch the electronics OFF when you do ...........nissan 350 Z.
Whats stopped me getting one is that its only a 2 seater. Thats it. others are faster , but they just dont have the balance this has .

:haha:

Gustav said:
997 is a great car with the S version having amazing times on circuits. However it does not have the versatlility and understatement that an M5 has. A Porsche is a porsche, in borh a good way and a bad way, at least here in Sweden.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
One of the better "bang for the buck" cars - the 350Z.. I totally agree...

That said, so is the the Suburu STI and the Mitsu Evo.. would hate them on any long distance but crazy quick and glue on the road.. :noSMG:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove a 350 Z for a couple of weeks. I liked it but it's not a very good daily driver. A very stiff suspensin also.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
M5 is a great everyday daily driver, Porsche is also a great car but not an everyday daily driver:noSMG:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
From some posts I've seen here, it seems like many people here like Porsche. To me, I just don't like the sound of a Porsche. It sounds distinctly Porsche, but it sounds like a whimpy compact car that's just barely chugging along. I'm not a fan of the interior either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts