BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Afternoon Gents,

I'm planning on having my M-Pars re-furbed next week.

I've had a look over some of the many companies offering this service in the U.K. - and have decided to try a local company - to me - BJV Engineering in Abbots Langley.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/

I know a number of you have used Lepsons, recently - however, I'm keen to use a company relatively local to me and see how we go.

I'm looking for a smoked chrome / smoke silver finish, too - as I fancy a change and think it will suit the dark shade better than is Orinoco.

Pricing seems reasonable, too - and a 2 day turnaround is attractive. Anybody have any experience of using BJV ?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
They have a bad name via Pistonheads. Poor finish on the lacquer, not the best customer service and overall a 3/5. Could do better elsewhere from those whose know.

These guys are worth a shout.

KO Alloy Wheel Refurb, 78 Great Cambridge Rd, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, EN8 8PA 01992 624433

Reactions: FinalEditionE34M5

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hi, I recently had my wheels refurbished by BJV and although they are O.K. ish I wouldn't use them again.
I just think they could have done a better job.
Some pitting was left on the rims that could have been filled and the finish isn't great in places.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If you want a company that will come to you and do wheels at your home / office then drop these guys a line. They did my Lexus and the results were outstanding.

http://www.rimz-refurbs.co.uk/

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a set of ACT wheels refurbished by a guy here in germany near the town of Prum (near belguim border) and they turned out fantastic!

I'm going to be sending him my BBS modular race wheels soon to have the centers refinished in BBS gold, and once the new outer lips arrive, have him polish them to a mirrorlovelove

my wheels on my old M3

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Update.

Appreciate the feedback - did a further search on BJV Engineering via Google and uncovered a lot of mixed feedback on their work and customer service.

.........and so decided in the end to spend the morning going to Lepsons in Gillingham today to drop-off my M-Pars to those guys instead. They're a little more expensive - and a whole lot less convienient location-wise for me, but it's a one-off job - so hopefully will be worth the inconvienience when I get them back..

Having a slightly 'custom' finish to the wheels - should be back in around a week or so, and so should have them shod with some new PS2s, and back on for the Dyno Day in July / Goat Meet beforehand.

Thanks all for the feedback.

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The guys in Waltham Cross would have been closer and do top work!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
This morning collected my refurbished wheels from Lepsons in Gillingham, Kent.

I opted for the shadow chrome finish as is used on the E39 M5 wheels.

The wheels have a progressiVe darkening finish now - the inside / rear of the wheels are painted significantly-darker than the faces.

New PS2s are being fitted in two weeks time - I'll be keeping these wheels for non-track summer use only - and the 17" E34 8J M5 rims will be only put on, for track use now.

I'm aiming to have these on the car for the Goat Meet which looks like it's being held on 29th June 2008 - so if you're coming along, you can have a look at the results..

This is the first time I've used Lepsons. They're certainly not cheap.

However, I'm very pleased with the results, so you do appear to get what you pay for, as the addage goes...

UK LE No. 35/50

·
Registered
821 Posts
I just did the same.

though I must admit I like the shadow color better. I guess the shine is always brighter on the other side of the pond

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Funny that, I always thought that chrome wheels were all the rage in the USA!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Looking good terrylovelove

should be on just in time for the dyno day then:thumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Wow, those look great. I picked mine up on Friday. They scratched one after it was done so I left it to get done again.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
very nice Tel. glad your happy with the results.

i'm taking the range there soon to get all 4 wheels done in a grey colour to match the vents...

see you friday.

Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts