BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im #3 on the list at my dealer, so far they have allocations for #1 and #2, and they told my spot (#3) would be next year March or April but this is there guess est....

I figured many on you on this board have a better idea of what the delivery times would be....From what Ive been hearing and seeing some people are saying there getting there cars sooner then expected, do any of you think my delivery time would be sooner...Thanks...Jay :M5eyes:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
TOPSUPRA said:
Im #3 on the list at my dealer, so far they have allocations for #1 and #2, and they told my spot (#3) would be next year March or April but this is there guess est....

I figured many on you on this board have a better idea of what the delivery times would be....From what Ive been hearing and seeing some people are saying there getting there cars sooner then expected, do any of you think my delivery time would be sooner...Thanks...Jay :M5eyes:
#3 spot at a large dealership is ~Nov-December
at medium dealership is Dec-Jan
at small dealership figure Jan-Feb

These are all projections, seems unlikely the third car would arrive March-April

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info I figured it would be sooner, I believe the dealership Im dealing with is med size since they are already filling orders for the number #1 and #2 spots.....I would love to have it before X-mas....But I'll have to keep my fingers crossed...Thank...Jay.S

·
Registered
646 Posts
I am No. #4 on the list at a large Southern California dealership and they're saying early November.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
TOPSUPRA said:
Thanks for the info I figured it would be sooner, I believe the dealership Im dealing with is med size since they are already filling orders for the number #1 and #2 spots.....I would love to have it before X-mas....But I'll have to keep my fingers crossed...Thank...Jay.S
Just a guess here, but if you are being told by a mid-size dealer that your #3 spot equals a March or April delivery, either the dealer is not well informed or your #3 spot is really not a #3 spot.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
MRichmond said:
Just a guess here, but if you are being told by a mid-size dealer that your #3 spot equals a March or April delivery, either the dealer is not well informed or your #3 spot is really not a #3 spot.
You know, I was thinking the same thing :cheers:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I was #3 and my build date is 3rd week of Sept(9/38). Very big dealer so maybe thats why. #1 got 36 and #2 for 37

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have a deposit receipt for the #3 spot and I was informed by the dealer that when I spoke to them last month that they had no idea how many M5's they would receive until the allocations were issued which was last week, and then they told me that BMW may only release #500 M5's for the balance of the year, and with aprox #384 BMW dealers in the country each dealer would get one each and that the larger dealers would get #2.

So they said they may only get one M5 this year the 2nd one (Jan-Feb 06) and that my #3 should come (March-April). But I found out today that they have confirmation of atleast #2 M5's this year and from what IM reading and hearing I might get lucky and get mine late this year but my dealer said they cant confirm that yet, has anyone else been told something similar....Thanks...Jay

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
TOPSUPRA said:
I actually have a deposit receipt for the #3 spot and I was informed by the dealer that when I spoke to them last month that they had no idea how many M5's they would receive until the allocations were issued which was last week, and then they told me that BMW may only release #500 M5's for the balance of the year, and with aprox #384 BMW dealers in the country each dealer would get one each and that the larger dealers would get #2.

So they said they may only get one M5 this year the 2nd one (Jan-Feb 06) and that my #3 should come (March-April). But I found out today that they have confirmation of atleast #2 M5's this year and from what IM reading and hearing I might get lucky and get mine late this year but my dealer said they cant confirm that yet, has anyone else been told something similar....Thanks...Jay
My dealer in KY also said he expected one this year, one january-March, and then one every other month, for about 5 for the Model Year 2006.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems like some of us are getting similar info while others are getting info that says more M5's will be released sooner, I hope they will be released sooner. I am going to call my dealer today to get status.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts