BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About the New M5, drove it Saturday..................... unimpressed for that money not for me.
Did not seem special enough.:nono:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Im going to book in for a test drive aswell soon at my local BMW, Im not keeping my hopes up too high though, that way perhaps it won't be so much of a disappointment :)

How did it feel compared to your 550i ??

·
Registered
733 Posts
I for one think that for that money, it's the best car. To each his own.
What did you dislike and like about the car?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I for one think that for that money, it's the best car. To each his own.
What did you dislike and like about the car?
It just did not light my fire, after having the 2011 550i M Sport F10, I was expecting more.:dunno:

Same car really in every day terms IMO.
What will I buy next? good question but for the money here ( £80K ) it will not be the M5.

·
Registered
730 Posts
wow - so you want to stick with BMW, but not an M5? sort of understand. dont think the new M3 will be any better than the M5 - it will be turbo charged.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow - so you want to stick with BMW, but not an M5? sort of understand. dont think the new M3 will be any better than the M5 - it will be turbo charged.
I have the 2012 X3 35D M Sport with 313BHP and it really performs well, this new "Tri-Turbo Diesel"
thats coming to the UK in the X5 X6 and 5 series has serious power 380BHP and 700+Nm, so in the UK with fuel prices going mad these cars will be a force to be reckoned with.
This coupled with the ever presence of Speed camera toting Police here, I think the M5 in particular would be wasted IMO.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Agree.

The car is pretty dull to drive.

Feels like an AMG.

M for Marketing.

Although I think it wrong for BMW to use M for diesels to, it could be called iS or whatever. BMW nomenclature is off the hook nowadays, along with watering-down the M-brand, idiotic russian criminal transports such as the X6 and the stupid X1 and 5GT.

If there was another engine front/ drive rear brand with BMW's dynamics, I'd switch

·
Registered
776 Posts
They still dont let me or anyone drive it here. They said only when the roads will dry up after winter ... April maybe... sounds like there are traction issues in winter.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They still dont let me or anyone drive it here. They said only when the roads will dry up after winter ... April maybe... sounds like there are traction issues in winter.
I got to drive it in Minus 8 degrees :eek7:, admitted the roads were dry and ice free, so booting was no worry, the car even when in full on mental set-up did nothing for me.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I got to drive it in Minus 8 degrees :eek7:, admitted the roads were dry and ice free, so booting was no worry, the car even when in full on mental set-up did nothing for me.
we have 20cm of snow... My friends cls 55 didnt get up a hill one day, so I sort of understand. Nice to know it behaved well.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
you are probably in America.

Dealers are a lot nicer to clients there.

Even on holiday, and telling the salesperson so, they almostly insisted on us tourists taking a testdrive with sale perspective zero.

In Europe , most dealers don't like to be bothered by customers, takes precious facebook time off their sales personell.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you are probably in America.

Dealers are a lot nicer to clients there.

Even on holiday, and telling the salesperson so, they almostly insisted on us tourists taking a testdrive with sale perspective zero.

In Europe , most dealers don't like to be bothered by customers, takes precious facebook time off their sales personell.
I am in the UK mate.kinggf
My dealer lets me take anything out most times if it's available.
Good customers are worth the effort.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Yes, the UK is generally much more polite too. Even in traffic. I know many brits here and they all say the dutch are the worst in traffic courtesy.

After BMW in my hometown seeing some articles about our collection, they're also sweet as a puppy.

Sadly for them I prefer to buy cars in Germany. Where they neither have a sense of humor nor the ability to make mistakes.

Wout

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
9 Participants
Barry
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing