BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

All things warranty (please post all warranty-related questions here)

Tags
e60 warranty
201K views 414 replies 165 participants last post by  Camride 
#1 ·
What is the best warranty to purchase for my E60 M5?

Choice of warranty programs for my 2006 BMW M5 with 53,200 miles. What one should I purchase? Exclusionary Bumper-To-Bumper Coverage? Or the Premier? Any advice or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

PLEASE LOOK OVER THE FOLLOWING TWO QUOTES AS THEY BOTH OFFER DIFFERENT COVERAGE OPTIONS...Auto Advantage Inc.

THIS PLAN IS THE BEST COMPONENT TYPE BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.

Thank you for your request for a price quote for an extended warranty. These prices are all for Component Type Bumper-To-Bumper warranties. This is one of the most comprehensive Enhanced Component policies available. Coverage INCLUDES breakdown and failure due to NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR on all covered items. See Policy Details at bottom of E-Mail for coverage details.

Ref. # RYPC500601000 (12)
Premier Coverage
$100.00 Deductible Per Repair Visit
1 Year/12,000 Additional Miles- $2,680.00
2 Year/24,000 Additional Miles- $2,925.00
3 Year/36,000 Additional Miles- $3,140.00
3 Year/50,000 Additional Miles- $3,360.00
4 Year/48,000 Additional Miles- $3,580.00
4 Year/60,000 Additional Miles- $3,815.00
Other Deductibles Are Also Available
Low Down Payment Financing Available
This Coverage Also Includes:
* Towing
* Rental
* Lockout Service
* 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
* One Deductible Per Repair Visit
* All Warranties Are Transferrable & Renewable.

Repairs can be done at any repair shop or dealership in the United States or Canada. Payment will be made directly to the repair facility at the completion of repairs by the warranty administrator's corporate credit card account.

“WHAT IS COVERED"
***Premier Coverage***
Engine: Crankshaft and bearings, oil pump, internal timing gears, timing chain, camshaft, camshaft bearings, valve lifters, rocker arm assemblies and push rods, pistons and rings, wrist pins, cylinders, connecting rods, distributor drive gear, all internal components of engine block and cylinder heads, if damage is caused by mechanical failure of an internally lubricated part. Gaskets and external seals will be covered if their replacement is necessary to complete an otherwise authorized repair. Cracked engine block, cylinder heads, and piston cylinders are not covered. Broken crankshaft is covered if break is caused by either bearings or piston failure. Valve guides are covered only when guide sleeves have not slipped below original Position.

Turbo Charger/Supercharger: All internally lubricated parts due to mechanical failure.

Timing Belt: If Service Contract Purchaser has followed manufacturer’s recommended maintenance intervals for replacement.

Transmission/Transaxle: The internal components of the automatic transmission or manual transmission. Drive chain gears, carrier bearings, and
internal transaxle seal. The manual transmission case and automatic transmission case and torque converter, transfer case, drive gears, forks, bearing thrust washer, bushing, washer, and housing are covered, if damaged by the failure of internally lubricated parts.

Differential Assembly Components (2 & 4 wheel drive): (Front & rear)
differential housing including pinion bearings, side carrier bearings, ring and pinion gears, carrier assembly, washers, axles and axle bearings.

Cooling System: Water pump, thermostat, mixture control valve, overflow
reservoir. Blower motor, heater core, electric radiator fan motor, fan clutch, fan blade.

Fuel System: Mechanical fuel pump, electric fuel pump, vacuum pump, metal fuel delivery lines, fuel tank, fuel sender, pressure regulator, fuel injectors.

Air Conditioning: Condenser, compressor, evaporator, accumulator,compressor clutch, idler pulley, idler pulley bearing, hi/low compressor cutoff switch, pressure cycling switch, cooling fan motors. If the damaged or malfunctioning compressor causes damage to the expansion valve, or receiver dryer, the damaged component(s) will be replaced.

Steering: Internally lubricated parts contained within the steering box and pump housing, including rack and pinion, control valves, internal oil control seals, bearings, and shafts, steering box and pump housings if damaged by the failure of internally lubricated parts.

Brake System: Master cylinder, wheel cylinders, disc brake calipers, ABS master cylinder, vacuum booster, hydraulic lines and fittings, pressure modulator valve, isolation dump valve, accumulator, wheel speed sensors.

Electrical: Alternator, starter motor, front wiper motor, cooling fan motor, heater blower motor, electric horn, clock, switches for the following; neutral safety, overdrive, reverse indicator, power windows, power door locks.

HI-Tech Electrical: Alternator, starter motor, front and rear wiper motor, cooling fan motor, fuel gauge, cooling sender, neutral safety switch, overdrive switch, reverse indicator switch, voltage regulator, distributor, ignition module, ignition coil, starter solenoid, wiring harness, power window switches, door lock switches, cruise control module, power window motors, power seat motors, power door lock actuator and switch, power sunroof motor, mileage computer, electronic instrument cluster, distributor ignition coil, automatic climate control electronic control module, head light switch, convertible top motor, clock, electric horn.

Suspension: Control arms, control arm shafts, bearings and bushings, radius arm and bushing, wheel bearings, stabilizer bar, stabilizer link, stabilizer bushing, spindle, torsion bars, mode selector switch, height sensor computer, control module, actuator.

CV Joints: CV boots must not be torn at the time of failure. Lubricated joint failure only. Universal Joint (U Joint) is not included.

Fluids: Engine oil, power steering fluid, antifreeze, and transmission fluid are all covered items when required during the authorized repair process.

Seals and Gaskets: All seals and gaskets are covered for premature failure on vehicles with up to 125,000 miles at the time of failure.

Hal J. Moses
President
Auto Advantage Inc.
1-800-933-9190

THIS PLAN IS THE BEST EXCLUSIONARY BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.

Thank you for your request for a price quote for an extended warranty. The price below is for an "Exclusionary" Bumper-to-Bumper warranty. This is the most comprehensive policy available and INCLUDES Covered Breakdowns due to WEAR & TEAR. Just non-covered parts are excluded. (See policy exclusions at bottom of email).

*** Policy starts from the date of policy purchase zero miles.

Ref. # RYBC550601000 (12)
Global Apex Exclusionary Bumper-To-Bumper Coverage
$100.00 Deductible Per Repair Visit
3 Year/ 75,000 Total Odometer Miles- $5,285.00
3 Year/100,000 Total Odometer Miles- $6,310.00
4 Year/ 75,000 Total Odometer Miles- $5,925.00
4 Year/100,000 Total Odometer Miles- $6,805.00
Other Deductibles Are Also Available
Low Down Payment Financing Available
This warranty starts from the *zero mileage and from the *date of policy purchase.
(Example: a 4 Year/100,000 Mile warranty on a 2010 vehicle with 45,000 miles would get you 4 additional years of coverage from the day you purchase the warranty or until the vehicle reaches 100,000 miles.)

This Coverage Also Includes:
* Towing
* Rental
* Lockout Service
* 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
* One Deductible Per Repair Visit
* All Warranties Are Transferrable & Renewable.

Repairs can be done at any repair shop or dealership in the United States or Canada. Payment will be made directly to the repair facility at the completion of repairs by the warranty administrator's corporate credit card account.

For further information please call me at 1-800-933-9190, or email me at hm@autowarranties.com . If you would like to see a sample contract we be happy to provide one for you. Thanks again for your interest. We hope we can be your warranty source both now and in the future.

Policy Exclusions:
(The parts listed below are not covered. Therefore any part not listed is covered under this coverage per the terms of this agreement):
Normal maintenance, service and parts described in the Vehicle’s Manufacturer’s Maintenance Schedule engine tune-up, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubricants, engine coolant, fluids, spark/glow plugs, brake pads, linings, shoes, drums and rotors except when damaged by a covered part. Manual transmission clutch assembly, and manual and hydraulic linkages. Light Bulbs, battery, exhaust system/catalytic converter, safety restraint systems, cellular telephones, video entertainment systems, anti-theft systems, and any equipment not installed by the vehicle manufacturer.

Hal J. Moses
President
Auto Advantage Inc.
1-800-933-9190

See less See more
#273 ·
USAA

USAA just covered an ABS pump on my 08 M6 priced out at $3,900 at two months into a three year contract, no deductable. That dollar amount paid for the cost of the contract. They did have the dealer use a remanufactured pump.

Reactions: Camride
#274 ·
USAA just covered an ABS pump on my 08 M6 priced out at $3,900 at two months into a three year contract, no deductable. That dollar amount paid for the cost of the contract. They did have the dealer use a remanufactured pump.
That makes me happy to hear since I have a USAA warranty.

#275 ·
Out of curiosity, what did the USAA warranty cost? I didn't know they offered an aftermarket warranty. Regardless, my new engine was ordered from Troy Jeup today and will be in the shop on Monday.

#276 ·
Cannot remember the exact figure and cannot look it up right now. However, My 08 M 6 has around 43K miles and the cost for a no deductible 3 year warranty was close to but somewhere under $3,500.

#279 ·
Any suggestions where I might go to get an extended warranty on an 06 with 35K miles on it? What should I expect to pay with a $250 deductible?

I've owned the car for a couple of months but don't really want to go much longer without having some protection on it.

Thanks
Shoot me an email with the VIN#, odo reading, and how long a plan/how many miles per year of coverage you're interested in. I will get back to you with some quotes and information.

Thanks.

Bruce
Becks Imports LLC
brucem105@comcast.net
856-912-2600

#280 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

First post on the board.

Wondering everyones thoughts on my situation, and whether a warranty would be worth while.

My previous car was an E39 M5 with 121,000km (75,000 miles) and drove the car properly for 12 months with no issues, no warranty, no breakages (apart from the cup holder breaking). Seems infact quite reliable.

I recently 'upgraded' to the 2006 E60 M5, with 51,000km (31,000 miles) and am trying to decide on whether I purchase a mechanical warranty.

The car cost me $46,000 New Zealand Dollars. It has very recently had the entire I-Drive unit replaced, as well as clutch/flywheel, and a few minor things here and there. The car is New Zealand new, and has a full BMW service history.

The cost for a 24 month mechanical warranty for me, with unlimited mileage is $3400 NZD.

My question I guess: My E39 M5 seemed more reliable than people said it would be, and so I was glad to have not bothered with the Warranty. Will my E60 M5 be the same? Is it worth getting the warranty in your opinions?

Thanks heaps!

#284 ·
I just thought I'd throw out my first experience with USAA for warranty work. I had a throttle actuator die and USAA covered it without issue. The only part that sucked was they sent an adjuster out to look at the car before approving the repair, my guess is either because of the estimated price or because it was the first claim. That ended up taking a while and the shop didn't want to order the part until the repair was approved (it wasn't in stock at any of the local dealerships), so the whole thing ended up taking just under a week (dropped off on Friday, picked up Thursday). I'm happy they covered the repair with no problem though, it was a $1800 bill.

#286 ·
That's what my warranty company Warrantech does, I think if the bill is over $1500. Inconvenient yes, but better than the alternative :2:

#285 ·
USAA is very good. Every service I get for them appears to be top notch. From emailing and faxing insurance cards for my next car in only minutes to financing that car. For my M5 they offer their warranty, probably like you have, for what I think is a very reasonable price. When my current warranty ends soon I am seriously considering adding their warranty to my 2008 M5. The only downside is I need to continue with their full coverage auto insurance in order to have their mechanical warranty which I am most likely doing anyway.

Brad

#287 ·
Anybody have a toco warranty? I contacted them and they informed me they don't cover the smg pump but they do cover the smg. When I asked why they don't cover the pump he said because it is not in the transmission.
I thought I saw one post saying toco was a good warranty company.

#289 ·
I have NAC and they've been a huge pain. I've had my m5 in for the idle air actuador four times, and NAC denies my claim every time because the car doesn't throw the codes when the adjuster stops by the dealership even though all of the codes are stores. Total horse sh#%.

#291 ·
EasyCare, Fidelity, Quality Guard -

Hey everyone. So I have on '06 M5 with 35k miles, and I am shopping around for an extended warranty. It is so overwhelming with all of the options, and the pricepoint of them, so I need a little help. I have checked out the following:

Fidelity (exclusionary)
Easy Care (Total Care) Which I am leaning towards - 3 year, 45k with a $500 deductible - $5350
Quality Guard

Does anyone have any experience with these 3? Has anyone had any major claims including SMG, Vanos, ect...

Thanks!!!

#300 ·
I signed up for USAA for the sole reason of checking out the coverage and am about 99% sure I'm picking up the 2 year coverage.

It's $1000 lower than the best quote I've found and clearly from word in this thread, people haven't had issues with them covering any and all repairs with a 0 deductible. 88K miles on the S85 with original bearings means I'm driving around a time bomb. :cheers:

Attachments

#301 ·
To everyone who has the USAA warranty policy how has it been? My dad was in the army many years ago and I am shopping for another warranty policy. I will consider USAA since it seems like they are good and the pricing is really competitive!

#304 ·
ive got an 06 with 93 on the clock

messaged bruce. he read my messages but won't respond for some reason. Seems like a warranty for my miles and year would be super high
At 93k I was quoted over 6k. That is when I decided to go without.

#303 ·
Need a car warranty,

Car is 2009 m5.46,000 miles. Still under warranty. Will be over in 2 months time.

Are there any agents around or anyone knows who to call?

I've called zurich already. And the quote is a bit high.

Please kindly help, I cant message bruce, new to the board.

Thank you.

#309 ·
how much did u pay for that? I think my mileage really limits my options.

I paid $5200. My car had 37k miles at the time of the warranty purchase. How many miles are on your ride?
mine has 93k. the previous owner paid 5300 for a 24000 mile or 2 year warranty which will expire next month (he bought it when the car had 79k on the clock). i imagine the prices now would be higher since the car is older with more miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.