BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Thank you. Anything specific that you'd be particularly concerned about? I'm finding the options for extended warranties are fairly limited- at least based in my search so far.
For the e60 M5, you're correct. Warranty options are limited. I'd recommend contacting Bruce M. he can hook you up or point you in the right direction.

What I would be concerned about in your prior post - the exclusion of the following:
Valve grinding, valve guides, burnt valves, stuck valves, burnt piston, and/or stuck rings are not covered.

Any repair for the purpose of correcting engine compression, correcting oil consumption, or the gradual reduction of performance when a Breakdown has not occurred.
Damage caused by pre-ignition detonation, pinging, improper/contaminated fuel including fuels containing more than 10% ethanol (if the engine was not manufactured for this mixture), excessive fuel conditions, lean fuel conditions, clogged fuel injectors, improper lubricants or improper engine adjustments.

Breakdown caused by or due to the failure of nuts, bolts or fasteners (internal and/or external).
Nuts, bolts or fasteners are covered in conjunction with a covered repair that arises from a Breakdown of a Covered Part.
EGR purge valve/solenoids/sensors, vacuum canister, vapor return canister, vapor return lines/valves, air pump/lines/valves,

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
also 5soko,

There is a warranty contract booklet for Gold and Platinum. Read those if you can acquire one, even a sample one from the dealer. It it lists what is excluded.

·
2,132 Posts
also 5soko,

There is a warranty contract booklet for Gold and Platinum. Read those if you can acquire one, even a sample one from the dealer. It it lists what is excluded.
Yea that awesome! That's exactly what I would like to read. Im gonna go down to my dealer tuesday since im bringing the beast in for plugs and tranny oil change under the remaining factory warranty. Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
For the e60 M5, you're correct. Warranty options are limited. I'd recommend contacting Bruce M. he can hook you up or point you in the right direction.

What I would be concerned about in your prior post - the exclusion of the following:
Thanks! I talked to Bruce M. last week. He was going to e-mail a quote to me, but I have not yet heard from him.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am also in the market for an extended warranty for my 2006 M5 w/ 39XXX miles on it. I have been quoted the following as of 5/10/13. This is an exclusionary plan backed by "Marathon Administrative Co" of our O'Fallon, IL. I have never heard of them before but then again I just started browsing for a warranty. I did email Bruce a few times and talked to him once but with his busy schedule, I couldn't get a reply from him! Anyways, here are my findings:

THIS PLAN IS THE BEST EXCLUSIONARY BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.

Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.
Underwriter: This coverage is directly underwritten by Amtrust Group ("A/Excellent" rated by AMBest) for the highest level of financial security

Auto Advantage Inc. offers you many benefits our competition can't promise including the following...
* Extended Warranties direct to consumers and dealerships nationwide at wholesale prices has been our business since our inception in 1979.
* We offer only Premium, Top-Rated vehicle Warranties.
* No Gimmicks, No Coupons and No Up Selling tactics, ever!
* Our high volume and low overhead allows us to offer the LOWEST PRICES RIGHT FROM THE START for the most comprehensive coverage available for your vehicle.
* Our company is owned and staffed by Warranty Experts, Not Salespeople or Telemarketers.
* We understand the three most important words "Yes, It's Covered"!

PLEASE PRINT THIS E MAIL!

Thank you for your request for a price quote for an extended warranty. The price below is for an "Exclusionary" Bumper-to-Bumper warranty. This is the most comprehensive policy available and INCLUDES Covered Breakdowns due to WEAR & TEAR. Just non-covered parts are excluded. (See policy exclusions at bottom of email).

*** Policy starts from the date of policy purchase zero miles.

Ref. # RYBC530401000 (12)
Exclusionary Bumper-To-Bumper Coverage
$100.00 Deductible Per Repair Visit
3 Year/ 75,000 Total Odometer Miles- $4,245.00
3 Year/100,000 Total Odometer Miles- $4,965.00
4 Year/ 75,000 Total Odometer Miles- $4,720.00
4 Year/100,000 Total Odometer Miles- $5,340.00
5 Year/ 75,000 Total Odometer Miles- $5,020.00
5 Year/100,000 Total Odometer Miles- $6,040.00
Other Deductibles Are Also Available
Low Down Payment Financing Available
This warranty starts from the *zero mileage and from the *date of policy purchase.
(Example: a 4 Year/100,000 Mile warranty on a 2010 vehicle with 45,000 miles would get you 4 additional years of coverage from the day you purchase the warranty or until the vehicle reaches 100,000 miles.)

This Coverage Also Includes:
* Towing
* Rental
* Lockout Service
* 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
* One Deductible Per Repair Visit
* All Warranties Are Transferrable & Renewable.

Repairs can be done at any repair shop or dealership in the United States or Canada. Payment will be made directly to the repair facility at the completion of repairs by the warranty administrator's corporate credit card account.

For further information please call me at 1-800-933-9190, or email me at [email protected] . If you would like to see a sample contract we be happy to provide one for you. Thanks again for your interest. We hope we can be your warranty source both now and in the future.

Policy Exclusions:
(The parts listed below are not covered. Therefore any part not listed is covered under this coverage per the terms of this agreement):
Normal maintenance, service and parts described in the Vehicle’s Manufacturer’s Maintenance Schedule engine tune-up, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubricants, engine coolant, fluids, spark/glow plugs, brake pads, linings, shoes, drums and rotors except when damaged by a covered part. Manual transmission clutch assembly, and manual and hydraulic linkages. Light Bulbs, battery, exhaust system/catalytic converter, safety restraint systems, cellular telephones, video entertainment systems, anti-theft systems, and any equipment not installed by the vehicle manufacturer.

Hal J. Moses
President
Auto Advantage Inc.

Anyone ever deal with Hal over at Auto Advantage Inc? He has been super in getting back to me with all of the questions.

I am not sure if forking up $6K on a 7 year old car is worth it? After doing tons of research I found that the most common thing to go on the E60 is the "SMG Hydraulic Pump" (which I don't think anyone covers anyways, and the clutch and the flywheel assembly and other misc parts) BTW: Any advise on where to source these parts from? Dealer wants big money for them.

Also, the VANOS issue and I saw a thread which mentioned a Recall but I never got the letter and my dealership has never mentioned anything over the past few years. Even though I always ask whether there is any sort of a recall on my vehicle! Has anyone gotten the VANOS issue covered under extended warranty? If yes, then please refer the name of the company and the seller.

Please contact me with any warranty information at: [email protected]

Thanks,
Sean

I received a quote from this same company for my 2008 M5. In my quote, the premiums were higher and the deductible was $500. When I told him I saw others with a better quote, he said he had mistakenly quoted an M5 without the V10, and had to withdraw the quote. Was that you?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Good and cheap warranties for M5 & M6

Hello all,I'm brand new here and it looks like I will be trading in my 2008 Lexus LS460 for a 2006 M5 with about 33k on the clock. I did a lot of research here and other places looking for best prices on a warranty for this car and was shocked at some of the quotes I was coming across. Today I think I found the gem that can help all of you who are searching for a warranty for your M5 or M6.While checking around for best interest rates a local credit union, I found out that they also provide used car warranties. I demanded an exclusionary warranty and they do offer it through their Platinum plan. It covers the SMG pump and everything but the normal wear items. Believe it or not, a 5 yr/60k mile warranty with a $250 deductible is just $2562 for this car. A 4 yr/48k plan is $1762. I don't even have to be a member of the credit union to obtain these prices.You may want to see if your local credit union is part of the CUNA network as you may be able to get prices this low. I'm sure it depends on milage at the time of purchase, but I thought I throw this out to you so you have the info. It looks like I'll be motoring around in an M5 this Saturday. I'll keep you folks updated.Dave

·
Registered
689 Posts
I got the loan for the M5 today & pick up the car tomorrow. I made a mistake on warranty cost. The 5 yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty cost is $1902. Going to a 5 yr/75k warranty is $2531 based on this car's miles, both based on $250 deductible. The warranty is with Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. Coverage is not retroactive and the miles and time start at the time I pick up the car.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I got the loan for the M5 today & pick up the car tomorrow. I made a mistake on warranty cost. The 5 yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty cost is $1902. Going to a 5 yr/75k warranty is $2531 based on this car's miles, both based on $250 deductible. The warranty is with Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. Coverage is not retroactive and the miles and time start at the time I pick up the car.
If that's truly bumper to bumper an doesn't exclude any major components through the contract verbiage, then that is an INCREDIBLE price for that duration warranty. We paid about $4500 for a 4yr/50k warranty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow great find, from searching the web it looks like they pay. My local credit union uses CUNA. I don't have a loan on my car, I wonder if they'd just sell me the warranty. I guess I could find out on Monday. Or get a loan for the price of the warranty on my car. My factory warranty is up in September.

found this on the web, make sure it's not on your warranty
"There is a clause in the warranty that states something like you or Cuna can cancel it at any time"

·
Registered
689 Posts
If that's truly bumper to bumper an doesn't exclude any major components through the contract verbiage, then that is an INCREDIBLE price for that duration warranty. We paid about $4500 for a 4yr/50k warranty.
It's a true exclusionary warranty. Everything is covered except (directly from the warranty):

A. Normal Maintenance services and parts including engine tune-up, (includes spark plugs, glow plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap & rotor), carburator, throttle body assembly (except injectors), EGR valve, battery, filters, lubricants or fluids, air conditioning refridgerant, engine coolant, all hoses and belts (not specifically listed), wiper blades, brake pads & shoes, brake rotors & drums, suspension alignment, constant velocity boots, tires, wheel covers, wheel rims, wheels, wheel balancing, shock absorbers, suspension air bags, exhaust system, catalytic converter, friction clutch disc & pressure plate and clutch release bearing. **

B. Glass, glass framework & framework adhesives, sealed beam head lamps, light bulbs, lenses, trim moldings, bright metal, upholstery, vinyl & convertible tops, paint, sheet metal, bumpers, alignment of body parts, flexible body parts, door panels, body panels, structural framework, convertible top framework, structural welds, hinges, door handles, and removable hardtop assemblies.

C. Aftermarket accessories or equipment, components and systems not installed by the manufacturer,including but not limited to: anti-theft systems, radar detectors, CB radios, radio/speaker equipment, cruise control, sunroof, solar powered devices, telephones, TV/VCR/DVD and related components and applicances.

** If there were a failure of a covered item such as an air conditioning compressor, then air conditioning refridgerant would be covered. Another example of an exclusionary item being covered would be engine coolant if the radiator failed. I confirmed that the SMG pump is covered.

This warranty is as good as it gets when it comes to covering items on these cars. Warranty prices are based on age and milage at time of purchase.

This warranty also comes with rental reimbursement, emergency roadside assistance, and emergency travel expense reimbursement.

Talk to your local credit union and see if they offer this warranty. You do not need to be a member to purchase it. If they are part of the CUMA network (most are), then they should have it available.

The cheapest I could find befoe finding this gem for an exclusionary warranty was over $4400 with a $200 deductible on a 4 yr/48k policy.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Wow great find, from searching the web it looks like they pay. My local credit union uses CUNA. I don't have a loan on my car, I wonder if they'd just sell me the warranty. I guess I could find out on Monday. Or get a loan for the price of the warranty on my car. My factory warranty is up in September.

found this on the web, make sure it's not on your warranty
"There is a clause in the warranty that states something like you or Cuna can cancel it at any time"
The only thing is says is that the lien holder may cancel the warranty if I were to default on the loan. They told me that you do not have to have a loan with the credit union in order to obtain coverage. I supposed that could vary depending on the credit union.

·
Registered
689 Posts
How about posting up a phone number to call to inquire/purchase, please?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Like I mentioned earlier, call your local credit union, see if they are part of the CUNA Mutual Network, then see if they offer the warranty. The pamplet they first gave me said it is called the "Member's Choice Mechanical Repair Coverage", administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc.

·
Banned
561 Posts
Well...in my opinion the price good... but 250 deductible...??....men I prefer mine that I paid 4100 and no deductible platinum 4 years and 60000 miles...250 deductible means anything minor that you dont know what it is ...you cant use it....for me if I see anything. ..and I mean anything. ..a single light go on...I go there ...a little noise i go there...so you basically gonna have it for mayor issues. ..and medium issues. .....dont get me wrong...a lot of stuff in this car is expensive. ..but we gonna have minor things too.... again just my opinion. ..I would pay 4000. For 4 and 60000 ..with 0 deductible any time..I can take the car there 100 times knowing I don't have to pay nothing

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well...in my opinion the price good... but 250 deductible...??....men I prefer mine that I paid 4100 and no deductible platinum 4 years and 60000 miles...250 deductible means anything minor that you dont know what it is ...you cant use it....for me if I see anything. ..and I mean anything. ..a single light go on...I go there ...a little noise i go there...so you basically gonna have it for mayor issues. ..and medium issues. .....dont get me wrong...a lot of stuff in this car is expensive. ..but we gonna have minor things too.... again just my opinion. ..I would pay 4000. For 4 and 60000 ..with 0 deductible any time..I can take the car there 100 times knowing I don't have to pay nothing
4 years/60k miles with no deductible on this plan would have cost me $3295. $100 deductible is $2493. $250 deductible is $1716.

For my 5 yr/60k mile choice, the $100 deductible would be $2793, while no deductible would be $4980. IMO, the $250 deductible at $1902 was the best deal for me at just 33k miles as it would take several warranty trips to make up the difference.

·
Banned
561 Posts
4 years/60k miles with no deductible on this plan would have cost me $3295. $100 deductible is $2493. $250 deductible is $1716.

For my 5 yr/60k mile choice, the $100 deductible would be $2793, while no deductible would be $4980. IMO, the $250 deductible at $1902 was the best deal for me at just 33k miles as it would take several warranty trips to make up the difference.
I get your point. ....but when I had my previous m3 ...I didn't had mayor issues. ..all of them we're minor....like spark plugs...battery. .and others...and I had 100 deductible and most of the the repair or what it was ..it was almost the price of the deductible or close....so my point is on previous experience. ....why do you think they are charging ypu more for the 0 deductible. ..because they know...the choice it's yours but if it was me ...I would go with the 0 deductible. ..and with this cars you don't know how many trips there you're gonna make....remember this car is not as reliable as the lexus...I had one and never gave any problems at all...but with the m cars...you can be surprised on how many things can go wrong. ..again good luck with any choice you make...and I hope you don't even have to use it...and that is just my opinion..enjoy ypur new beast...you gonna love it:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Believe it or not, the most reliable car I've ever owned was my 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8. In 6 years of ownership, I only had it to the shop 1 time for a non regular maintenance visit, and that was for a torn valve cover gasket. And I beat the crap out of that car. If I could only be so fortunate with the M5.

141 - 160 of 409 Posts