BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Purchased my E60 M5 that had a CarMax Max Care warranty that the previous owner purchased. Just got word today that they are covering rod bearing and engine mount swap. I had to authorize the shop to tear apart and if the RBs we're good I would be responsible for costs, however give Blackstone I wasn't terribly concerned with that.
So I am guessing you had a bad Blackstone report? What were your lead and copper numbers?

Congrats on getting them to cover without having to blow up your engine.

:cheers:

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah Blackstone was bad, which started this whole process. I had a warranty so I wasn't gun shy about having ABR check bearings as I haven't seen any stories of bearings that were pulled and still good. Lead was 95 and copper was 9. I'll have a full write up once I get the vehicle back.

Bearings on cylinders 2 & 7 were completely wiped to the copper, the others were pretty worn but no copper.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Purchased my E60 M5 that had a CarMax Max Care warranty that the previous owner purchased. Just got word today that they are covering rod bearing and engine mount swap. I had to authorize the shop to tear apart and if the RBs we're good I would be responsible for costs, however give Blackstone I wasn't terribly concerned with that.
First of all, congrats! Did they provide it in writing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I did search and couldn’t find the answer. I have an E60 M5, I bought the car as a BMW approved used car and it has a BMW warranty for it.

I know that the warranty covers up to the purchase cost of the car, but my question is every time you claim does the cost of the claim go against the cost of the car? i.e. if the car cost £20k and I claim £5k under the warranty, do I only have £15K left to be able to claim? Or does it reset every time and I can have multiple claims, as long as no 1 claim is above the purchase price?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Accumulative, or that's how mine was written into the contract. I came close to it! You should check your fine print in your warranty

·
Registered
49 Posts
I finally signed up for an extended warranty for my 2008 M5 with 94k. I was debating whether or not to get it but at the end of the day it gives me peace of mind which is what I wanted. 3.5years/35k for $4500 with $0 deducible through Concord auto protect for their premium plan (Their top tier Exclusionary plan). They had great reviews and good to deal with so far also the only company that offered warranty on the M5. Maximum amount covered per incident has to be less than the value of the car. The usual towing and rental coverage but they included tire coverage for max up to $100 per tire which helps. Fully transferable and returnable with proration. They have a 30 day/1k wait time which I negotiated down to 500 miles. I can provide updates once I get an issue to share feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm looking at purchasing a 2007 M5 with manual transmission, 55k miles, appears to be well-maintained. I'm hesitant to own one of these beasts without a service contract so I'm seeing what's available. I spoke to the finance dept at my local BMW dealer and was told BMW will not do an extended warranty on the vehicle, but the dealer will sell me a plan through EFG Companies, the Motorist Assistance Plan for high mileage vehicles. It's not an "exclusionary" policy, but lists the covered parts in the brochure. Cost for the Platinum level would be $5,440 for 3 yrs/42k miles. The dealer performs an inspection for $149 prior to coverage.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of service contract? I'm wondering if things like the VANOS components and throttle body actuators are covered? The coverage for the engine includes "cylinder block; cylinder heads; all internally lubricated parts; timing gear, chain, and belt; engine mounts; cam gear bolt; head bolts."

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just bought an 08 M5 and was wondering if there is anywhere I can get an extended warranty? I’ve called many places and they say they can cover that car

·
Registered
217 Posts
I finally signed up for an extended warranty for my 2008 M5 with 94k. I was debating whether or not to get it but at the end of the day it gives me peace of mind which is what I wanted. 3.5years/35k for $4500 with $0 deducible through Concord auto protect for their premium plan (Their top tier Exclusionary plan). They had great reviews and good to deal with so far also the only company that offered warranty on the M5. Maximum amount covered per incident has to be less than the value of the car. The usual towing and rental coverage but they included tire coverage for max up to $100 per tire which helps. Fully transferable and returnable with proration. They have a 30 day/1k wait time which I negotiated down to 500 miles. I can provide updates once I get an issue to share feedback.

I just purchased the same for my 2008/89k miles on it.

401 - 409 of 409 Posts
About this Discussion
408 Replies
163 Participants
TurboDave
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing