BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

321 - 340 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had a 4 year/40k from Warrantech. After this bs, I got a full refund of $5,200 from Bruce. He transferred the full payment to Fidelity. I now have a 3 yr/36k Platinum warranty and they have already paid out a $1k claim for a faulty thermostat.
I can't say enough about Fidelity. They are great. I just had an SMG pump replaced at a cost of $4500 for a new pump. This was after a new engine last year.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I can't say enough about Fidelity. They are great. I just had an SMG pump replaced at a cost of $4500 for a new pump. This was after a new engine last year.
Wow after a new engine? That's great to hear. I am planning on parting my ways with my M5 this summer, but if I decide to keep it I am going to switch over to Fidelity. I assume they paid the $25k amount for a remanufactured engine from BMW? How many miles are on your car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok so i have the Mondial extended warranty on my M5,i'm just wondering can a mechanic nearby do the servicing on the car,he has a "BMW Passbook" whatever that entails,but i do know he's fully qualified by BMW and completes they're updated courses every year! He also has a BMW service stamp for the service book. Would it be safe to use him without voiding my warranty? The only other proper BMW dealership is over 3 hours away from me so this would make life easy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought a hefty price on EasyCare Total Care 5yrs/+60,000 miles with $500 deductible for $8000. On 09m5 Expensive.....

I upgraded from Stated Care in which they quote me $5600 with same parameters.. I think Stated doesnt cover smg pump and more.....

If anyone knows who can give cheaper prices please let me know.

Thank you.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Figure out a way to get an Assurant policy, in my opinion they are the best. I attained their policies for my M5 & X5 through USAA, but they must have other partnerships.

My mechanic (MNC Performance) has done a few claims on the X5 and M5 ( I try to spread them out to not get dropped) and he was surprised at how much they cover, which he said was essentially everything that wasn't a traditional "wear item".

I'm taking my car to him over the weekend to swap my interior trim (replacing the wood for brushed aluminum) and will get him to double check and ensure that the SMG pump would be covered.

I purchased both policies for under $4,500. The M5's was 3yr 36k miles (had 54k miles at the time of purchase) and I purchased the X5 warranty when my CPO expired at 92kmiles for 2 years 24k miles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think you can contact Assurant directly for a warranty quote. I did a couple months ago. It was reasonable although I don't think as cheap as through USAA. They also offer payment plans, which is really nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
I cant speak highly enough of Assurant/USAA. My car suffered a complete engine failure 4 months after I bought it , and to make matters worse I was away from home and ended up at a shop who changed rates and was being deceptive with billing/estimating the job. I advised Assurant to enforce the shops estimate with legal action- but they [over]paid the shop just to get my car back faster. During the process I contacted them and asked if I could buy an engine from Troy Jeup instead of a used engine or having it rebuilt locally and they thought it was great. Their staff was a huge help and they didnt question the repair or even suggest it may not be covered. I did learn there is a max coverage ammount based on the black book of the car, (warning it is depressingly low- 17k for my 71k mile 2006 M5) the max they will pay over the life of your policy is 75-80% total and there is a per repair max. Just a heads up to check and make sure there will be enough to make it worth the cost.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What protection plan did you guys buy from assurant was it the premium or the standard protection plus? I got quoted around 4300 for 3 year 20k miles. Does that sound fair?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey guys, quick question. I have 2006 M5 with 89k, got the warranty through Carchex (they go through Assurant) for 2 years, $4382, the most "bumper to bumper" warranty, however, looks like none of the warranty companies will cover Clutch / SMG pump?
Can anyone suggest me one may be?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey guys, quick question. I have 2006 M5 with 89k, got the warranty through Carchex (they go through Assurant) for 2 years, $4382, the most "bumper to bumper" warranty, however, looks like none of the warranty companies will cover Clutch / SMG pump?
Can anyone suggest me one may be?
Nope one will cover the clutch since it's a wear item but I asked Assurant about the SMG pump and was told they cover it. I have an Assurant warranty through USAA.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nope one will cover the clutch since it's a wear item but I asked Assurant about the SMG pump and was told they cover it. I have an Assurant warranty through USAA.
That's weird. What year is your car? I just called Assurant directly, and they said SMG pump is not covered. May be it's just for 06 year.

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's weird. What year is your car? I just called Assurant directly, and they said SMG pump is not covered. May be it's just for 06 year.
2008. And I'd fight them tooth and nail if they tried to not cover mine because I specifically asked and had them ask an adjuster to make sure they knew what I was talking about.

·
Registered
231 Posts
2008. And I'd fight them tooth and nail if they tried to not cover mine because I specifically asked and had them ask an adjuster to make sure they knew what I was talking about.
Just to make sure we are talking about the same company.
This is the Assurant, correct assurantsolutions.com/extended-warranty/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Was this just a verbal nod that someone told you after checking with an adjuster? I asked about this when calling to pick up a USAA warranty and was told it did not cover the clutch and the pump as they classified it as a part of the "clutch assembly". If it isn't in writing you may have a long battle to fight when the bill comes, I would start to inquire about it ahead of time if you still have specific names or employee IDs that put their word on the line.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Was this just a verbal nod that someone told you after checking with an adjuster? I asked about this when calling to pick up a USAA warranty and was told it did not cover the clutch and the pump as they classified it as a part of the "clutch assembly". If it isn't in writing you may have a long battle to fight when the bill comes, I would start to inquire about it ahead of time if you still have specific names or employee IDs that put their word on the line.
Yeah, it was verbal. But I only have 1,000 miles left on my warranty so I'm not going to worry about it at this point.

321 - 340 of 409 Posts
About this Discussion
408 Replies
163 Participants
TurboDave
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing