BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

281 - 300 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am looking at buying a 2006 M6 with 23k miles. What would a warranty run me? I know it is low miles but I would rather be safe than sorry. Or is it not necessary? thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just thought I'd throw out my first experience with USAA for warranty work. I had a throttle actuator die and USAA covered it without issue. The only part that sucked was they sent an adjuster out to look at the car before approving the repair, my guess is either because of the estimated price or because it was the first claim. That ended up taking a while and the shop didn't want to order the part until the repair was approved (it wasn't in stock at any of the local dealerships), so the whole thing ended up taking just under a week (dropped off on Friday, picked up Thursday). I'm happy they covered the repair with no problem though, it was a $1800 bill.

·
Registered
89 Posts
USAA is very good. Every service I get for them appears to be top notch. From emailing and faxing insurance cards for my next car in only minutes to financing that car. For my M5 they offer their warranty, probably like you have, for what I think is a very reasonable price. When my current warranty ends soon I am seriously considering adding their warranty to my 2008 M5. The only downside is I need to continue with their full coverage auto insurance in order to have their mechanical warranty which I am most likely doing anyway.

Brad

·
Registered
998 Posts
I just thought I'd throw out my first experience with USAA for warranty work. I had a throttle actuator die and USAA covered it without issue. The only part that sucked was they sent an adjuster out to look at the car before approving the repair, my guess is either because of the estimated price or because it was the first claim. That ended up taking a while and the shop didn't want to order the part until the repair was approved (it wasn't in stock at any of the local dealerships), so the whole thing ended up taking just under a week (dropped off on Friday, picked up Thursday). I'm happy they covered the repair with no problem though, it was a $1800 bill.
That's what my warranty company Warrantech does, I think if the bill is over $1500. Inconvenient yes, but better than the alternative :2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anybody have a toco warranty? I contacted them and they informed me they don't cover the smg pump but they do cover the smg. When I asked why they don't cover the pump he said because it is not in the transmission.
I thought I saw one post saying toco was a good warranty company.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tried to contact Bruce and he responded but when I sent him my vin and everything I never heard back. I think the guy needs a dedicated 800 number lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have NAC and they've been a huge pain. I've had my m5 in for the idle air actuador four times, and NAC denies my claim every time because the car doesn't throw the codes when the adjuster stops by the dealership even though all of the codes are stores. Total horse sh#%.

·
Registered
29 Posts
08 m5 72k

Hey guys I am looking at a 2008 M5 with 72k still under CPO bmw warranty until Aug of this year, Any thoughts on options? Also the VANOS has NOT been replaced yet??

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
EasyCare, Fidelity, Quality Guard -

Hey everyone. So I have on '06 M5 with 35k miles, and I am shopping around for an extended warranty. It is so overwhelming with all of the options, and the pricepoint of them, so I need a little help. I have checked out the following:

Fidelity (exclusionary)
Easy Care (Total Care) Which I am leaning towards - 3 year, 45k with a $500 deductible - $5350
Quality Guard

Does anyone have any experience with these 3? Has anyone had any major claims including SMG, Vanos, ect...

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Need quotes on 2 warranties bruce if you can chimes in

08 6spd m5 about 67k..
07-08 x5 4.8.. Approx 75k

Looking for full warranties

2 and 3 year prices please

Havent purchased the x5 yet, but im unsure about the m5

·
Registered
48 Posts
USAA just covered an ABS pump on my 08 M6 priced out at $3,900 at two months into a three year contract, no deductable. That dollar amount paid for the cost of the contract. They did have the dealer use a remanufactured pump.
Another USAA claim this past week for a power steering leak and hose(s). No issues. Total cost around $1,900 but I had to pay for a flush of the system because the fluid flush was deemed maintinence.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I signed up for USAA for the sole reason of checking out the coverage and am about 99% sure I'm picking up the 2 year coverage.

It's $1000 lower than the best quote I've found and clearly from word in this thread, people haven't had issues with them covering any and all repairs with a 0 deductible. 88K miles on the S85 with original bearings means I'm driving around a time bomb. :cheers:

Attachments

281 - 300 of 412 Posts