BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
How much more was Platinum? You should seriously consider it if it's within your budget as the coverage is much more extensive.

Also, since you just got your warranty and are within the refund period, if you need a quote on an exclusionary warranty (Platinum level) for your car, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks, and good luck with the car!

Bruce
Becks Imports LLC
856-912-2600
[email protected]
I believe the Platinum was $7800 for 3yr/36,000 miles. What are your rates for the Platinum?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I believe the Platinum was $7800 for 3yr/36,000 miles. What are your rates for the Platinum?
$7800 for a warranty.. Smh unless your engine blows i do not think it will ever be worth it.. I think we need to make a list of the most expensive possible repairs and let people decide if a warranty is worth it.. So far i have

Vanos pump $
Dsc/abs module/pump-
Rod bearing-
Throttle actu- (2)
alternator
Battery
Passenger seat sensor
Oil cooler failure

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently purchased a 08 m5 39k miles, cpo two owners and Bruce hooked me up with a 5/60 warranty.

Thank you Bruce for the warranty and advice along the way. Very much appreciated.

Cheers
Dimitri

·
Registered
145 Posts
I recently purchased a 08 m5 39k miles, cpo two owners and Bruce hooked me up with a 5/60 warranty.

Thank you Bruce for the warranty and advice along the way. Very much appreciated.

Cheers
Dimitri
Im going to go to him this summer when i'm looking for my car and warranty this summer.. If you don't mind, what was the company and price

·
Company Representative for Becks Imports LLC
418 Posts
Im going to go to him this summer when i'm looking for my car and warranty this summer.. If you don't mind, what was the company and price
Hey, if I could ask, please don't post prices on the plans I sell. Feel free to email me, I can send directly. Or I can ask the buyer's permission to share or you can email him directly.

But I got in a ton of hot water with warranty company when prices were posted a while back.

Thanks!

Bruce

·
Registered
45 Posts
No worries I'm not posting any prices. The price was very competitive, compared to BMW quote. As a matter of fact one of the local dealers did not offer a warranty at all.

cheers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Are there any M5 owners with EasyCare Total Care warranty? Is it a good company to get the warranty from?

·
418 Posts
Are there any M5 owners with EasyCare Total Care warranty? Is it a good company to get the warranty from?
EasyCare is a good company, and TotalCare is a good plan.

Their prices can get very high on certain years, and as the car gets higher mileage.

But worth getting a quote.

Bruce

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Fidelity Warranty Services

I bought a used 2006 M5 in November last year. I drove the car roughly 300 miles and decided to knock-out some preventative maintenance on the engine since there was over 81,000 miles on the clock. I was planning on doing the control rod bearings and ordered a set of WPC treated bearings myself. Due to work and a lack of time, I took the car to my trusted mechanic (German ex-pat and ex DTM race driver) with instructions to do the job for me.

He didn't get to the car until after the holidays but called me to say the engine was trashed. All the bearings were worn THOUGH the copper and there was evidence of scoring on the crank, but none of the bearings completely let go.

The estimate was over 14K in parts MINUS labor.

When I bought the car, I decided to get the extended warranty through Fidelity Warranty Services which was being peddled by BMW of El Paso. I'm glad I did. They sent an adjuster out and with little hassle, they're putting in a remanufactured engine for a $250 deductible. The reman is from AAA Auto salvage and I recommended they contact Troy Jeup for one of five zero time engines he has for sale. I hope they go for the Troy Jeup engine.

In short, Fidelity Warranty Services did me a solid on a car I know will keep me satisfied until I get back to Germany to buy an M4 Competition or hopefully... dare I say it... M4 CSL???

·
Registered
48 Posts
USAA

USAA just covered an ABS pump on my 08 M6 priced out at $3,900 at two months into a three year contract, no deductable. That dollar amount paid for the cost of the contract. They did have the dealer use a remanufactured pump.

·
Registered
631 Posts
USAA just covered an ABS pump on my 08 M6 priced out at $3,900 at two months into a three year contract, no deductable. That dollar amount paid for the cost of the contract. They did have the dealer use a remanufactured pump.
That makes me happy to hear since I have a USAA warranty.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Out of curiosity, what did the USAA warranty cost? I didn't know they offered an aftermarket warranty. Regardless, my new engine was ordered from Troy Jeup today and will be in the shop on Monday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Out of curiosity, what did the USAA warranty cost? I didn't know they offered an aftermarket warranty. Regardless, my new engine was ordered from Troy Jeup today and will be in the shop on Monday.
Cannot remember the exact figure and cannot look it up right now. However, My 08 M 6 has around 43K miles and the cost for a no deductible 3 year warranty was close to but somewhere under $3,500.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just spent $2900 in November for a 2/24 on my 08 M5 with 70k miles. $0 deductible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any suggestions where I might go to get an extended warranty on an 06 with 35K miles on it? What should I expect to pay with a $250 deductible?

I've owned the car for a couple of months but don't really want to go much longer without having some protection on it.

Thanks

·
418 Posts
Any suggestions where I might go to get an extended warranty on an 06 with 35K miles on it? What should I expect to pay with a $250 deductible?

I've owned the car for a couple of months but don't really want to go much longer without having some protection on it.

Thanks
Shoot me an email with the VIN#, odo reading, and how long a plan/how many miles per year of coverage you're interested in. I will get back to you with some quotes and information.

Thanks.

Bruce
Becks Imports LLC
[email protected]
856-912-2600

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys

First post on the board.

Wondering everyones thoughts on my situation, and whether a warranty would be worth while.

My previous car was an E39 M5 with 121,000km (75,000 miles) and drove the car properly for 12 months with no issues, no warranty, no breakages (apart from the cup holder breaking). Seems infact quite reliable.

I recently 'upgraded' to the 2006 E60 M5, with 51,000km (31,000 miles) and am trying to decide on whether I purchase a mechanical warranty.

The car cost me $46,000 New Zealand Dollars. It has very recently had the entire I-Drive unit replaced, as well as clutch/flywheel, and a few minor things here and there. The car is New Zealand new, and has a full BMW service history.

The cost for a 24 month mechanical warranty for me, with unlimited mileage is $3400 NZD.

My question I guess: My E39 M5 seemed more reliable than people said it would be, and so I was glad to have not bothered with the Warranty. Will my E60 M5 be the same? Is it worth getting the warranty in your opinions?

Thanks heaps!

261 - 280 of 409 Posts
About this Discussion
408 Replies
163 Participants
TurboDave
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing