BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 412 Posts

·
Banned
561 Posts
$6118, no tax. $600 down $300 per month for 18 months (interest free). I was really hating this price until I saw the price of a new M6 :). 128K. $6K seemed like chump change after seeing that. lol.
6k is fair in my opinion...you have 25k miles more than I do..mine is 4 and 50..and I paid 4300 plus 400 on interest ..24 months

·
Registered
20 Posts
Uk Warrenty direct or BMW mondial

Hi guys sorry if this has been covered but I need a bit of help
Warrenty direct seem to offering me a good deal £840 for a comprehensive warrenty including wear and tear items .

Just wanted to know how many M owners have used warrenty direct and if they are happy with them.

Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
691 Posts
Fantastic price, I'd ask them to put something in writing to confirm whether they will fund a clutch replacement as that will easily go into 1.5k+.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I want to share my experience in transferring a BMW extended vehicle protection plan. Mine was at the gold level.

This warranty can only be transferred from a private party. If dealers are involved the warranty cannot be transferred - in this case the owner of the warranty gets a refund. Even though BMW dealers can look up the warranty on their computers, the warranty does not follow the owner of the car.

The transfer process is quite cumbersome. They require four things: the original service contract (have the seller get it from the dealer they bought the contract from), a notarized copy of request for transfer of coverage (this is the most cumbersome part), a bill of sale, and $50 transfer fee. If the seller advertises a car with BMW extended vehicle protection, make sure you get all these things rom the seller before you complete the transaction. The notarized copy of request for transfer of coverage is usually where people get hung up on because of the notarization.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm about to get an out of warranty '08 6 speed and get aftermarket coverage. One of my top choices is an early production '08 that hasn't had the DSC disabling software uploaded into it. From a 2010 thread I saw posts of no issues with this upgrade. I only bring it up because I'm going to get an aftermarket warranty (Fidelity Platinum or Easy Care TotalCare) and do the DSC disable. My concern is if something unrelated happens soon after all this, the warranty company will incorrectly blame it on DSC disabling (which from another post sounds like other software gets updated).

Anyone ever look into this issue or has feedback? I'd hate for the warranty to blame any imminent repair on DSC disable and consider the disable as a modification that could void warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm about to get an out of warranty '08 6 speed and get aftermarket coverage. One of my top choices is an early production '08 that hasn't had the DSC disabling software uploaded into it. From a 2010 thread I saw posts of no issues with this upgrade. I only bring it up because I'm going to get an aftermarket warranty (Fidelity Platinum or Easy Care TotalCare) and do the DSC disable. My concern is if something unrelated happens soon after all this, the warranty company will incorrectly blame it on DSC disabling (which from another post sounds like other software gets updated).

Anyone ever look into this issue or has feedback? I'd hate for the warranty to blame any imminent repair on DSC disable and consider the disable as a modification that could void warranty.
Upon a Google search it appears that the DSC disable feature is officially supported by BMW so you're good. Also, I wouldn't go to the dealership for repairs unless you're on good terms with SA. Make friends with an independent authorized repair facility and get them to fix your car without the runaround. The insurer will typically send an adjuster out for larger repairs and the software is the last thing they'll check.

IMO, 08 w/ 6psd doesn't quite justify $4K+ warranty. You will likely replace VANOS once, but even that is DIY. With aftermarket warranty, it is safe to assume that you cannot change anything, period (although software is gray area).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anybody have coverage with Nissan's QualityGuard Plus warranty? I'm looking to get one on an 08 manual sub 50k mileage and QualityGuard is 40% cheaper than Fidelity on a 4 yr and 25% cheaper on a 6 yr. Both exclusionary policy. I haven't done a word for word compare but if both exclusionary can't imagine much difference.

I saw a Feb 2013 post on this but it was a short thread...I was hoping to see if there's a few of you out there with good experience on QualityGuard.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ok, I did a search and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I'm hoping I can get my answer from this sticky before I have to make a thread of my own.

I purchased my M5 almost three years ago from a dealership in southern California. I certainly did not do my due diligence as I paid over $4000 for a 4 years, 50,000 mile NAC warranty. With all the horror stories I've heard from M5 and personally from a M6 owner, I do not want to own this beast out of warranty.

My first option is to sell the Beast at some point in the next year while the warranty is still active.

I'd rather keep it however, so my second option is to try and price out an extension to my extended warranty.

Has anyone tried to do this before? What kind of rates can I expect for a late 05 build, 2006 M5 with almost 42,000 miles on the clock?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ok, I did a search and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I'm hoping I can get my answer from this sticky before I have to make a thread of my own.

I purchased my M5 almost three years ago from a dealership in southern California. I certainly did not do my due diligence as I paid over $4000 for a 4 years, 50,000 mile NAC warranty. With all the horror stories I've heard from M5 and personally from a M6 owner, I do not want to own this beast out of warranty.

My first option is to sell the Beast at some point in the next year while the warranty is still active.

I'd rather keep it however, so my second option is to try and price out an extension to my extended warranty.

Has anyone tried to do this before? What kind of rates can I expect for a late 05 build, 2006 M5 with almost 42,000 miles on the clock?

Thank you in advance!
This question gets asked a ton. Its crazy expensive and some places won't even let you extend.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This question gets asked a ton. Its crazy expensive and some places won't even let you extend.
I'm not stuck on extending through NAC as my only option.

I submitted a ticket through Costco's website to see what kind of quote they will give me. My credit union usually gives pretty prices as well, whether they will deal with M5's is another question though.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Thank you in advance!
Very recently I got a handful of quotes for a 2008 on 30k mileage and 50k mileage from multiple dealerships selling Fidelity Platinum and Easycare Totalcare. To keep the rates closer to $1k/yr w/ $250 deductible the car needed to be closer to 30k than 50k mileage. In particular Fidelity Platinum quotes (I got the most quotes on that company) jumped after around 35k mileage. My approach was to find several dealerships in my area selling these once I realized the difference in quotes can be a nice chunk of change. I found Easycare was highest (although the BMW dealerships I got quotes from for Fidelity Platinum wasn't too far away from Easycare Totalcare). In the end I found a dealership with a knowledgeable finance manager that offered a solid quote on Fidelity Platinum that kept it at the $1k/yr rate on a 10k/yr mileage and I provided the PPI showing car was clean. Also I did find one dealership selling Fidelity that would not issue one on a v10 so it's case by case. Basically I found each dealership had its quirks on going or not going along with covering a v10 beast.

If you find quotes too high because you have an 06 and over 40k mileage, you could go for quotes on Nissan's Quality Guard+ assuming they'll cover an 06. At 30k mileage it was 30% cheaper on a 4 or 5 year than the best Fidelity Platinum quote, however I didn't go with it because the BMW dealership I will service the car at for warranty work had never done any claims with them.

And my quotes were on m5's not under any warranty but existing warranty was never asked so I wouldn't think it matters to a dealership selling you one. Hopefully you find that's a non issue in getting quotes. Good luck

·
Registered
496 Posts
Got the USAA extended warranty today!!!

Vehicle: 2010 BMW M5 (VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXX)
Plan: Comprehensive Protection Plan
Contract #: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Beginning mileage: 34,867
Expiration mileage: 100,000
Expiration date: 10/04/2017
Cost: $4,280.24
Payment method: Payment Plan - CC

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Why did you post up your contract number and vin? Lol price and mileage would have be sufficient enough...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Vehicle:2010 BMW M5 (VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
Plan:Comprehensive Protection Plan
Contract #:XXXXXXXX
Beginning mileage:34,867
Expiration mileage:100,000
Expiration date:10/04/2017
Cost:$4,280.24
Payment method:payment Plan - CC
Please post credit card number and your social security number as well. Thank you.

·
Registered
496 Posts
201 - 220 of 412 Posts