BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 4401 Posts

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Marvel Mystery Oil. Can't be beat.
Actually, you are correct. Have two gallons of it now. Have been using it since 1948.

(I heard once, that the Marvel salesman used to drink it to show how benign it is ... very highly refined.)

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
I'm a newbie too, sorta. Love this board, and my grammer and spelling are usually spot on ( the by-product of being raised by an english teacher:). Please, don't bash me because I "only" have a 540i/6. Someday, under my name will read, '08 M5/6lovelove
Sorry, but you didn't spell grammar correctly.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Absolutely.

I originally had written some disclaimers in there about the grammar part not applying to folks who could also take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foriegn Language), but finally decided that I wasn't trying to write a novel or a legal disclaimer so I took it all out :)

Plus, in my experience, folks for whom English is not the primary language tend to have better grammar than native speakers. The wording choices can sometimes be interesting, but the grammar is typically exceptional :cheers:

d-
+ 1

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Now on to less important things.

:M5launch:

:blabla:

:cheers:

cherrsagai

:applause:

·
Registered
85 Posts
According to the Castrol Syntec commercials I can run Syntec for 5 minutes, drain the oil and never have to worry again. Anyone else tried this?

Since you went there, my problem is clinically described as "Noobular Psychotic Emotions of Berzerk Ideas Condition". Get it right...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello, n00b poster here. I post a lot on bimmerfest, and currently, possibly, in the market for an e39 M5. I currently own a '99 Z3, which I'll be keeping.

I'll be looking through the forum for things to check on, buyer's guides, and the like. Hopefully, I will be successful in my purchase, and I can contribute as time goes on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought one!

Well, I'm starting to get an idea of what this obsession is all about! After a very long search, I finally found it - a near flawless 2003 M5. Carbon Black w/Black interior. CPO w/original 6yr/100,000 mile warranty. Owner traded it in for a new 6-coupe.

I am keeping this car forever.

If you have any tips for keeping an M5 pristine or any motoring advice, by all means, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, I'll just search the old threads and look forward to sharing great stories about this truly awesome machine.

Regards,

JD

·
Registered
316 Posts
First post....used to own an E46 M3, sold it for some other financial priorities but looking to get back into the game with an E39. Glad to have this HUGE resource of information.

81 - 100 of 4401 Posts