BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 4366 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think I already broke my hydrostatic transmission - now my car stops every time I drive through water. :)

d-
You should have kept an eye on your transmission pressure gauge. Every M5 instrument cluster has one. :p

The board has certainly changed with the new excitement of the M5 wearing off to how do I fix it!

Mark
That always happens to message boards about cars. Its natural as more and more of the E39 M5s on the road are coming out of warranty and piling on the miles. Plus the value of these cars has diminished fallen from their sticker price therefore the next owner who can afford this now cheaper car isn't always willing to take it to the dealer for every little thing and pay $120+/hr. I watched it happen to an E34 board and an E39 board. Less and less stories about mods and fun driving, more and more about how to fix this or that. You guys will get used to it :blink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some of us don't post much...

... because there is so much information already available on the board.

hgh

PS StealthOne just arrived! :applause:

·
8,376 Posts
Most excellent post. Thanks Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will no longer have to add a disclaimer to each and every one of my mods and upgrade threads informing the newbies that I post threads here to share info and mods I've done to my beast, and not asking them whether they liked my mod or not.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
... And NO NONSENSE POSTS! :nono:

And in the limit, after years and years of threads about every conceivable topic M5, there will be little reason to post anything except 'check out my ride/mods' threads. Everything else is contained within the vast M5Board archive to which gumpy respondants like me will pointedly direct fresh-voiced inquiring newbies...

:hihi:

D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
One (serious) comment I will add....

If you are not a native English speaker, then we really don't care at all if your English is lacking- the point is to communicate however you can, not to meet our standards of writing.

Yes?

A
Absolutely.

I originally had written some disclaimers in there about the grammar part not applying to folks who could also take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foriegn Language), but finally decided that I wasn't trying to write a novel or a legal disclaimer so I took it all out :)

Plus, in my experience, folks for whom English is not the primary language tend to have better grammar than native speakers. The wording choices can sometimes be interesting, but the grammar is typically exceptional :cheers:

d-

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Not so fast

I really do not mind seeing some old subjects brought to light from time to time. New blood can bring new ideas to the table. I always have the ablity to skip what does not interest me.

This being said, I do not know if the subject of oil can be further beat to death with anything useful or not. Tires on the other hand seem to continue to evolve at a fairly quick pace. Many subjects such as wax are pretty subjective, unless of course someone discovers a wax that jumps out of the can and applies itself! This I would like to hear about:woowoo:.

Mark

·
Registered
260 Posts
Absolutely.

I originally had written some disclaimers in there about the grammar part not applying to folks who could also take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foriegn Language). . .

d-
So, Doug. Ahem. "Foriegn"?:dunno:

What foreign country are you from? :hihi:

·
Registered
125 Posts
i haz q? aout oil for m5 and dont like ur modz

Just kidding...

Great post. Required reading in my humble opinion. Thanks to everyone for all the great info on M5Board.com.

·
Registered
17 Posts
K-Y?

Thanks for the post. It should be 'common sense' ... but that can run pretty thin too.

Steve

41 - 60 of 4366 Posts
About this Discussion
4.4K Replies
3.8K Participants
TheMagician
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing