BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 4366 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lots of discussion about oil. I was at Albertsons yesterday and they're selling an oil called "vegetable"... has anybody tried that yet? Interested to hear how that works, it's def. cheaper than synthetic...

Haha, seriously, good post, though - I'm a rookie so I qualify as somebody who needs to abide.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Lots of discussion about oil. I was at Albertsons yesterday and they're selling an oil called "vegetable"... has anybody tried that yet? Interested to hear how that works, it's def. cheaper than synthetic...

Haha, seriously, good post, though - I'm a rookie so I qualify as somebody who needs to abide.
Ours cars are pretty finicky - you might want to look for Extra Virgin...

d-

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does a "thanks" qualify as a response? If not, consider this mine.

Oh, I hear you MUST use Kubota SUDT oil or else your hydrostatic transmission can suffer premature failure and you will void the warranty.

Woops! wrong forum...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I take very little personally - and we all learned something in that banter :)

d-
Amen Brother!

For the record, I heartily recommend a shotgun approach to optimum M5 lubrication:

1 qt. STP (Because Andy Granatelli says it's great!)
1 qt. zMAX (Because Carroll Shelby says it's great!)
1 qt. Marvel Mystery Oil (Because my Grandpa says it's great!)
1 qt. Slick 50 (Because PTFE is SOOOOO Slippery!)
1 qt. Dura-Lube (Because Manny, Moe, and Jack say it's great!)
1 qt. ProLong (Because Smokey Yunick says it's great!)
Then just top off with Coastal re-refined motor oil. (because neither TWS or Mobil One will actually mix with this lubrication cocktail!)

This will save you a lot of money on expensive TWS or Mobil One, and will ultimately make you very popular with your local BMW wrench!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm a newbie too, sorta. Love this board, and my grammer and spelling are usually spot on ( the by-product of being raised by an english teacher:). Please, don't bash me because I "only" have a 540i/6. Someday, under my name will read, '08 M5/6lovelove

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm a newbie too, sorta. Love this board, and my grammer and spelling are usually spot on ( the by-product of being raised by an english teacher:). Please, don't bash me because I "only" have a 540i/6. Someday, under my name will read, '08 M5/6lovelove
You know we have to kick you out unless it reads '97-'03 M5, right?

Just kidding - all are welcome here :)

d-

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Can you add another one?

How about NOT clicking the quote button of posts that have a crapload of pictures in them? If needed, leave the text but delete the pictures. It sucks when you're browsing and you see the same set of pictures twice and you gotta scroll further to find the text.

21 - 40 of 4366 Posts
About this Discussion
4.4K Replies
3.8K Participants
TheMagician
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing