1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Company Representative for Turner Motorsport
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All-New Re-engineered Shark Injector + Special Summer Sale Pricing

Key new features -
:) USB port for remote upgrading and updates
:) Summer Sale price of $299 (base unit)

The Shark Injector performance programmer has just undergone some major changes – it now comes with USB connectivity for faster updates and for downloading upgrades. Oh, and we put it on sale at $299 - $70 off the normal retail price! This has been discussed a bit by a couple of members but now it's official.

4th gear dyno pull - +11 whp & +12 wft-lbs (wheel horsepower). There's an even bigger gain in gears 1-2-3!

SPECIAL SUMMER SALE - $299 for all base Shark Injectors. From now until summer is over… We’ve been drenched in wet weather here in the New England and to remind us all that it’s summer we’re having a Summer Sale on Shark Injectors. This is the lowest price EVER for a Shark Injector!

UPDATES – updates for new versions of BMW software will be easier than ever. Instead of sending back your Shark Injector for the update, it can now be done from home, office, shop, etc. You will download an update program from Jim Conforti and connect your USB Shark Injector via USB cable to your PC. The update program will analyze your Shark and re-load it with the new version!

UPGRADING – in the near future it will be possible to re-load your Shark Injector with a newer performance file that better suits your mods and upgrades. You won’t have to buy a new Shark Injector and you won’t have to send it back for an exchange. You will only have to connect the USB Shark Injector to your PC and use Conforti’s upgrade program to re-load your Injector. A fee may apply depending on the file you want to upgrade to.

For example – if you buy the standard E39 M5 Shark file now and decide later that you want the Sport Mode memory feature, your upgrade can be done by plugging the USB Shark Injector into your PC and downloading the new file from Conforti.

The same performance software that has made Conforti a BMW household name remains the same. These hardware changes keep the Shark Injector at the front of aftermarket tuning. The Conforti Shark software delivers proven power gains, smoother and quicker throttle response, and several key convenience features for an unbeatable low price. Installation can be done yourself so there’s no downtime while your computer is shipped off for reprogramming. Performance Conforti software is available for almost every BMW since 1985, with new products to be released soon for the E39 540i, E38 740, X5 4.4.

-Direct Buy Link-
Turner Motorsport - Item# E39-M5-PERFORMANCE-SOFTWARE - Performance Software System for E39 M5 - E39

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hello Drew,

can you please clarify when exactly (date) is this promotion is going to end?

Also is it possible to order one that fixes the SES light on the Carbon Buildup Issue on the secondary air injection system?

Regards

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Drew,

can you please clarify when exactly (date) is this promotion is going to end?
There isn't a specifc end-date in sight right now. It will go through the rest of the summer and into October at least.

Also is it possible to order one that fixes the SES light on the Carbon Buildup Issue on the secondary air injection system?
No, sorry. Jim Conforti didn't want to cross that threshhold in federal emissions laws. I know the problem can be masked with software but that's just not a road that Jim wants to travel down.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Drew,

one more question, would it be possible to request that the software retain the factory rev limit @ 7k? not a big deal as I can always just consciously shift at or below 7krpm...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Drew,

1. With the Shark Injector loaded into the DME, will my car still pass smog inspection here in CA?

2. I have a 6 amp battery charger. Would that be sufficient for the installation or do I have to have at least a 10 amp charger?

Thanks.

Joe

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Drew,

one more question, would it be possible to request that the software retain the factory rev limit @ 7k? not a big deal as I can always just consciously shift at or below 7krpm...
That's not currently an option so you would have to keep an eye on the tach. I have a feeling that once you get beyond 7000 it won't be a big deal and you'll feel safe with the higher rev limit. There's still a little bit of power up there that's useable.

It may be an option in the future and with the USB connection, you can re-load it into your Shark.

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drew, 1. With the Shark Injector loaded into the DME, will my car still pass smog inspection here in CA?
It has never been CARB certified, unfortunately. Technically you would have to un-install it before going to the smog station. The standard Shark Injector doesn't interfere with any of the smog equipment or test but if they asked if the car was stock you would have to mention it. The Race Shark Injector is not intended to pass emissions and you may fail based on its tuning. It really depends on the test equipment.

2. I have a 6 amp battery charger. Would that be sufficient for the installation or do I have to have at least a 10 amp charger? Thanks. Joe
No, you will need something better than that. It won't be able to power the car during reprogramming at that level. The battery charger is there to maintain the voltage necessary to run computer. 10amp is the minimum and is usually sufficient. The Shark Injector will monitor the voltage level throughout the install process. If the power drops out it will throw and error and stop. You just don't want it to throw the error in the dead zone between taking out the stock software and installing the Shark software...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Sounds good, thanks for all the info Drew. I will probably order one this coming October. Please let me know if any changes happen to the promotional dates as I dont want to miss out on this deal, its just that I can't afford it right now.

:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
How well does this software work with aftermarket headers (specifically, Supersprint)? I know other companies write software specifically for headers.

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I've been away a little bit. Let me see if I can answer some of these.

When is conforti going to release sharkedit?
I have NEVER heard of a specific release date for SharkEdit. I have seen a lot of details about it and we use something similar here for OBD-1 tuning so I have no doubt that it exists. However, it was never intended for the general public to use so I don't know if a release date is even on the table. The USB function is one part of the Shark Edit process so things are progressing. The USB is also part of a major overhaul of the Shark Injector hardware (the biggest since 2005 or so). And since Jim Conforti is essentially a one-man operation, there's only so much he can take on at any one time.

How well does this software work with aftermarket headers (specifically, Supersprint)? I know other companies write software specifically for headers.
You can probably do a search and find a lot more real world info but the results seem to be hit and miss. I know that we did M5s with Supersprint headers and cats and it worked great without software! But then for the guys that went without cats and didn't want a CEL staring back at them, they need special software. We have installed this software with headers and haven't had issues with CEL, driveability, or air/fuel mixtures. But it's still a 'generic' tune that is not specific to any one engine so results will vary. If you have further modifications then a custom software file should be written just for you. That's hard to do and is what SharkEdit is supposed to be for. The tricky part is finding the combination of the correct dyno, dyno shop, tuner, and tuning program. Letting your car fall into the wrong hands is a recipe for disaster. Some places have gone to the extent of hiring Conforti to fly to them for the work.

are those dyno numbers from stock m5's? looks like a pretty usefull modification, how does it effect mpg (given if you stay out of the throttle).
That dyno is from a stock M5 with no other modifications. It is absolutely better - probably the best car to put software on because the gains are so noticeable. For MPG, most (> 90%) say they feel no difference. A few say their mileage got better. On my E46 M3, I haven't noticed a difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts