BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I am in if the weather is good.

Really, you should just meet up at the concourse (LINK: Chapter Event 05/07/2017 - 34th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance, Vienna, VA) this Sunday. Otherwise we are sitting in parking lot with a host of Mustangs.
I think it's too last minute to gather enough people to meet before the concour. We did it last year and only 3-4 of us actually went to the C&C and Concour after

E39 Attendees:
Jdauria - Jon - Oxford Green
OptimusPriM5 - Mark - Chiaretto Red
ReMi21 - Remi - Avus Blue
amancuso - Al - Imola Red - Tentative
simpleM5 - Danny - Titanium Silver
M///Moose - Jim - Anthracite - Tentative
StephenVA - Stephen - Titanium Silver

E60 Attendees:
Specialized2010 - Aris - Space Gray

·
Registered
86 Posts
I won't be able to make the meet on the 21st but I'll be at the concourse today and I hope to see some familiar faces. Lucky for StephenVA, I'm not registered so the Modern 2000s category is still up for grabs ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was there for a bit today with mine. Last minute decision to go. Think I might enter next year to give Stephen some competition. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Get ready now

Now is a great time to get started on next year's concourse as it only takes approx 15-30 hrs each year to be ready. You would be surprised how dusty a car can get just sitting under a cover in a temp controlled garage.
Daily drivers require more heads up work as every drive in the rain sets you back 10 hrs. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
E39 Attendees:
amancuso - Al - Imola Red
M///Moose - Jim - Anthracite - Tentative
Corbio - Besian - Carbon Black

E60 Attendees:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Change my tentative to a "yes". I think I'll have the most well worn M5. :-D LOL
You will be our most traveled board member to attend!

·
Registered
91 Posts
While I would love to attend, hopefully mine will be tucked safely in an enclosed trailer on its way east from CA.
Don't think it will arrive in time for the meet though, hopefully next year.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
While I would love to attend, hopefully mine will be tucked safely in an enclosed trailer on its way east from CA.
Don't think it will arrive in time for the meet though, hopefully next year.
Congrats on the purchase. We do a fall meet as well, check back around then. :smile

·
Registered
30 Posts
Now is a great time to get started on next year's concourse as it only takes approx 15-30 hrs each year to be ready. You would be surprised how dusty a car can get just sitting under a cover in a temp controlled garage.
Daily drivers require more heads up work as every drive in the rain sets you back 10 hrs. Good luck.
I was kidding about competing against you guys, but I might do a show only entry next year, if I still have it. It looks like fun. I was parked at the top of the hill leading down into the lot and as I walked around, I would look up at it occasionally. Almost every time, I saw someone either checking it out or taking pictures. I thought that was pretty funny. Lemans really pops in the sun, even with dust.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Are you able to come to the meet on the 21st?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Sunday is looking good, spread the word! We should have more than 8 guys....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm still on schedule to go "unless" my group decides to do a motorcycle trackday. I have been prepping the car in general. Between family, work, and other hobbies I finally got to install a pulley kit I bought months ago. Even used clay bar to get more shine on the 9 year old paint for the meet.. It was a lot of work but I think it's worth it. Definitely got more shine out of it.. :smile..

Sunday is looking good, spread the word! We should have more than 8 guys....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jon / Fellows, My apologies ... but I'm not going to be able to join in the fun. I'll look forward to the next opportunity. Enjoy! Jim

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
E39 Attendees:

E60 Attendees:

·
Registered
368 Posts
E39 Attendees:
amancuso - Al - Imola Red - Tentative

E60 Attendees:
I'm confirmed, not tentative.:grin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Put me down as tentative...I'll be at the Mount Vernon Winefest the night before so I'm not sure if I'll be waking up very early the next morning ;)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Put me down as tentative...I'll be at the Mount Vernon Winefest the night before so I'm not sure if I'll be waking up very early the next morning ;)
Looks like Titanium Silver will rule the lineup

E39 Attendees:
simpleM5 - Danny - Titanium Silver (tentative)
Spooky36 - ???? - Titanium Silver (tentative)

E60 Attendees:

21 - 40 of 91 Posts