BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need to get a new set of front tyres and will have to get an alignment as well.. Would you say its absolutely necessary to get the alignment done at the stealer or will I be safe with a reputable shop with proper equipment ? The stealer wants 150$ to align.. Other shop wants 80$.. Any thoughts appreciated.. :M5eyes:

·
Registered
330 Posts
atlantisvip said:
Hey guys I need to get a new set of front tyres and will have to get an alignment as well.. Would you say its absolutely necessary to get the alignment done at the stealer or will I be safe with a reputable shop with proper equipment ? The stealer wants 150$ to align.. Other shop wants 80$.. Any thoughts appreciated.. :M5eyes:
Just find a reputable shop for $80, and that should be a 4 wheel alignment at that price if you are in SOCAL. They should also warranty all labor same as dealer

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im actually in Dubai (Middle East) so I was concerned about quality of work..
Do most people go to independent shops for alignments ?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
If the shop use a 4 wheel laser system (e.g. Hunter) you should be fine. Try and use a place that does a lot of higher end cars (e.g Porsche, Ferrari) as they usually know what they're doing better than the dealers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ashok, I just drove home for lunch and the car is just getting worse and worse !! My steering wheel was shaking so much I felt like the tyres were gonna fall off !:sad3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts