BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased BC Racing coilover and planned on installing it this weekend.
I know I need to do alignment after the install and saw the alignment spec in the FAQ section.
This is my first time having a lowered car, so I do have a few question about alignment specifications.

The front suspension comes with a camber adjustment plate, and it is set at 0.
Given that the car will be lowered (not sure how much yet), the camber will be more negative than stock height spec right?

When you take the car to alignment shop will they adjust it to stock spec again or are there a different alignment spec for lowered car?

·
Registered
483 Posts
just because the camber plate says 0 does not mean the camber is actually 0 degrees.

you can have the alignment shop set it to how you want it.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Most shops will set it to what the "machine" tells them to, which will be factory specs. I would find a race shop are someone who has some brains to do your alignment. DO NOT take it to your local tire shop to have it done.......

There is not a special alignment for lowered cars. If you track the car, take the advice from a race shop on settings. If the M5 is a daily driver, factory specs will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts