BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing Dinan springs/Koni Yellows, Control arms.thrust arms and new tires, Went for alignment and front Camber is: Left:-0,1 degree, Right:-1.6 degree. Shop recommended SPC 72180 Camber plates. Any advise/thoughts? Alignment specs below

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You installed both of the Dinan top plates?

That's pretty far off so I'd suspect an installation error or significant damage to the vehicle.

The Ground Control camber plates are exceptional.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You installed both of the Dinan top plates?

That's pretty far off so I'd suspect an installation error or significant damage to the vehicle.

The Ground Control camber plates are exceptional.
No plates. The car was aligned lat year before the upgrades and alignment was spot on. I guess installation error can be a factor. Any advise as to what to check? Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
do you have old and current alignment print outs. both side look out of whack. I would check the hub for play and all the control arms, would be pretty cheap and ez to put in an lower control arm 1st before taking apart the struts to install bandaid camber plates before knowing what your issues are.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have old and current alignment print outs. both side look out of whack. I would check the hub for play and all the control arms, would be pretty cheap and ez to put in an lower control arm 1st before taking apart the struts to install bandaid camber plates before knowing what your issues are.
I installed new lemforder control arms and thrust arms. I loaded the suspension before torquing frame side. Anything I could of missed? The bushings on the thrust arms were torn and I had slow speed rattles over bumps and steering wheel vibration when braking. All that has been gone and the front is tight. Just the camber numbers being off

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would double check everything if installed correctly and the hub for play. the fact one side is little extra neg and other side it too positive camber, with lower springs. what are the caster reading are they pretty even?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I would double check everything if installed correctly and the hub for play. the fact one side is little extra neg and other side it too positive camber, with lower springs. what are the caster reading are they pretty even?
left castor: 6.2 degrees
Right Castor: 6.3 degrees

·
Registered
188 Posts
thats good, usually if caster is off then likely it was in an impact incident. I would double check the springs if they seated correctly and strut tube in the spindle.
more interested why the lf has almost no camber after lowering springs?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I thought the Dinan kit came with fixed camber plates. I guess not.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I thought the Dinan kit came with fixed camber plates. I guess not.
Are the camber plates correctly oriented? Based on camber, I would check the one on driver's left. You should see about -1.7 max on each side without adjustable camber plates.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
gsfent
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing