BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex Roy, NY-LA record holder and author of "The Driver," will be speaking at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum on Friday. He'll be signing books and will also be showing exclusive footage from his Gumball exploits and the upcoming "32 Hours and 7 Minutes" documentary about his run and the history of cross country racing. Tickets are $45, which includes cocktails and catered food. Cocktails start at 6:30pm, the presentation starts at 7:30pm. For more info., go to www.gumball144.com or the Larz Anderson Auto Museum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemen,

The 32:07 documentary is now in post-production. Release date is scheduled for Sept/Oct. I know it's been delayed and postponed ad infinium but it looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel now. We'll keep you posted, and you can go to the 32:07 website for updates as well.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is KIND OF on topic, but Roy got a new M5 right? Same blue color as his old one right? My question is this; did BMW actually make him pay for it after making his old one the most famous BMW ever?? And after breaking the NY-LA speed record? Just curious.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
This is KIND OF on topic, but Roy got a new M5 right? Same blue color as his old one right? My question is this; did BMW actually make him pay for it after making his old one the most famous BMW ever?? And after breaking the NY-LA speed record? Just curious.
Where'd you hear that? As far as I know, he's still driving around in the Polizei E39.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alex got another blue E39 M5 (144B), practically identical to the original record-breaker. There's also a black, track-ready, euro-spec E39 M5, known as 144R. Plus, he just got another M car, which hasn't arrived but will be announced when it arrives and pictures are shot. For details on all the entire Polizei stable of cars, go to gumball144.com and click on "cars."

Also, he paid for all the cars. BMW probably doesn't want to look like they're condoning, encouraging or supporting transcontinental record breakers by giving him a free M5, although, off the record, they probably don't mind the name BMW M5 mentioned in all the press he got.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
i think i might go..Doug ???

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Gentlemen,

The 32:07 documentary is now in post-production. Release date is scheduled for Sept/Oct. I know it's been delayed and postponed ad infinium but it looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel now. We'll keep you posted, and you can go to the 32:07 website for updates as well.

Thanks for your interest.
:2: Peter, thanks had a great time...nice job u 2............im reading the book, hope u 2 made it back to NY ok....greg:cheers:

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Ya, what Doug said, too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts