BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To M6 enthusiasts, how cool would this be? The Gadsden-themed "Don't tread on me" plates should soon be available in Virginia, Texas, and perhaps Nevada (well, maybe not Nevada, as Harry Reid's cronies are trying to get them blocked there). Ajax thinks this says it all in terms of what freedom loving M6 drivers are all about.

The Gadsden Flag, originally used by the U.S. Marine Corps during the American Revolution, was meant to represent the 13 original colonies and their battle for independence from the British monarchy of King George, as if to say, "you've been warned, and if you continue to trample on our rights, you will suffer the consequences."

This may be the tipping point to get Ajax to pull up stakes and move to Virginia!

NOTE: Ajax recently posted the Gadsden banner in a thread about freedom, in the off topic forum. The flag was removed by a moderator who apparently found it offensive. Actually, this is a significant historical symbol of freedom for our country, so Ajax found the removal perplexing.

Question to members: If your state offered these plates, would you put them on your M6? Why or why not?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
This is great as it sends 2 messages: firstly to our Sleazers (Leaders) who have plainly and clearly lost their way. Not only would I buy one for each of my vehicles, I would subsidize purchase for any unfortunates who have been taxed into oblivion and can no longer afford the necessities of life. Secondly, to any other drivers who may have a little something on their mind... :cheers:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
What? And give up having a lame rainbow background on my plate? Yeah, I'd get one, but I'm not sure how my 5 letter "CODER" would look on it. I have no idea why the image was pulled in the OT thread (not my doing) yet your "not" calling someone something was left. Go figure...

That "Concept" M6 needs round exhaust pipes! (and a more integrated rear diffuser).

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
What? And give up having a lame rainbow background on my plate? Yeah, I'd get one, but I'm not sure how my 5 letter "CODER" would look on it. I have no idea why the image was pulled in the OT thread (not my doing) yet your "not" calling someone something was left. Go figure...

That "Concept" M6 needs round exhaust pipes! (and a more integrated rear diffuser).
Maybe I can convince my wife to move back to Texas...

Good points on the Concept M6! I hate to admit it, but I would like the rear diffuser to be finished in raw carbon weave just like our roofs. I really like the look on the CLK Black Series (Flame Suit On).
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That "Concept" M6 needs round exhaust pipes!
Roger that! Hopefully the BMW M6 team will not hire some retard for the final design touches.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to admit it, but I would like the rear diffuser to be finished in raw carbon weave just like our roofs.
I'll bet you a brand new $10 bill that the next M6 will have no carbon on the exterior.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'll bet you a brand new $10 bill that the next M6 will have no carbon on the exterior.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough faith in the BMW design teams to take that bet. I fear that a kinder, gentler, M6 is in the future.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ajax,

Do you know where the funding source goes?... most specialized plates are for an organization, and I am curious if this is one of those "Tea Party" funding sources since they have resurrected the use of that flag as a political message about federal government expansion. First, as a member of the armed forces (Air Force), I HATE POLITICS, so I pray this thread doesn't degrade into a political debate. But I am curious because thought the plate looks cool, I always question the money trail. For example, the combined federal campaign seeks donations from a large source of people (including government employees and military members)... and many organizations receive funding through this --> including terrorist organizations and anti-government/anarchist groups. So is always eye-opening to see where the money goes. Most specialized plates go to great causes (Cancer Cure, wildlife preservation, historical restoration, fraternal order of police ... are a few that we have here in NJ). I am just curious which organization is getting the benefit from the "Don't Tread on Me" plate.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So you are betting against a CF roof this time? I think I will take your $10 dollar bet (Cabrio does not count - this is a Coupe bet).
Mark beat me to it...I would bet they have a CF roof, and maybe even a CF diffuser....

·
Registered
156 Posts
To M6 enthusiasts, how cool would this be? The Gadsden-themed "Don't tread on me" plates should soon be available in Virginia, Texas, and perhaps Nevada (well, maybe not Nevada, as Harry Reid's cronies are trying to get them blocked there). Ajax thinks this says it all in terms of what freedom loving M6 drivers are all about.

The Gadsden Flag, originally used by the U.S. Marine Corps during the American Revolution, was meant to represent the 13 original colonies and their battle for independence from the British monarchy of King George, as if to say, "you've been warned, and if you continue to trample on our rights, you will suffer the consequences."

This may be the tipping point to get Ajax to pull up stakes and move to Virginia!

NOTE: Ajax recently posted the Gadsden banner in a thread about freedom, in the off topic forum. The flag was removed by a moderator who apparently found it offensive. Actually, this is a significant historical symbol of freedom for our country, so Ajax found the removal perplexing.

Question to members: If your state offered these plates, would you put them on your M6? Why or why not?

If CA had this plate as an option, I would actually put on a rear plate for once! But since this leftwing hippie state would throw a S**T-Fit over something like this..it will never happen. Therefore, I will keep driving around with no plate!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ajax,

Do you know where the funding source goes?.. I HATE POLITICS, so I pray this thread doesn't degrade into a political debate.
First, thank you for your service. It's a free country, and nobody can be forced to buy anything they don't want. This plate has nothing to do with politics; it's all about personal freedom just like the M6 is.

Reactions: MKSixer

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you are betting against a CF roof this time? I think I will take your $10 dollar bet (Cabrio does not count - this is a Coupe bet).
OK, you're on! Notice Ajax only bet 10 clams... a bet he HOPES to lose, otherwise there would have been another zero on the end.:grinyes:

Reactions: Mark Carson

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
First, thank you for your service. It's a free country, and nobody can be forced to buy anything they don't want. This plate has nothing to do with politics; it's all about personal freedom just like the M6 is.
Sadly, our lives are inseparably embroiled in politics...you either play or you get played. I think the plate is a great statement for freedom loving people who enjoy a few perquisites in life while being responsible participants in all aspects of our great republic. Cheers Everyone!!

Reactions: David Ajax III

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well said indeed!

Reactions: MKSixer
1 - 15 of 15 Posts