1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
boostmiser said:
Alcantara is a synthetic suede. Cleans up with a mild soap - that's the beauty of it. Buy a suede brush to comb on a regular basis.
Here are the official cleaning procedures:
http://www.alcantara.it/istituzionale/manutenzione_inglese.pdf

wish I had this:
====

Good info; I found this excerpt particularly amusing.... (how would you explain the urine/blood for "our" application) ( ?????? ) ( ;) )

before intervening, remove any of the substance that has
fallen on the upholstery: in case of thick materials
(yoghurt, jam, etc.) with a spoon or a plastic spatula, in
case of liquid materials with non-printed absorbent paper
Blood, egg, excrement, urine:
use cold water; avoid warm water
because it makes these substances
coagulate, rinse by dabbing with
clean water.
+

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow! Alcantara lined trunk! Sweet!

When I got my '03, I was under the impression that the headliner would be alcantara. Sadly, it wasn't.

Was this specific to Canadian models only? Or was it an option or part of an option group?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
The standard cloth headliner is tricky to clean. It involves use of a mild foamy rug cleaning product. The foam is to be gently dobbed or wiped on. After a couple minutes, you very gently wipe it off with a soft terry towel. Any soaking, scrubbing action or heavy wiping pressure will cause the headliner cloth to become unglued, which is a real disaster. This is what I've heard...never tried it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I own an 03 M5 with Sport Interior with the Alcantara headliner purchased in the US. It is not noted as an option on the Dealer sticker.
I wonder why the Canadian model would be any different?

Opposite_Lock said:

When I got my '03, I was under the impression that the headliner would be alcantara. Sadly, it wasn't.

Was this specific to Canadian models only? Or was it an option or part of an option group?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I found this on a website:

Interior Colors (Sport):
Black M Alcantara/Nappa leather (not for U.S.), Black Nappa Point leather/Nappa leather, Le Mans Blue and Black Nappa Point leather/Nappa leather, Imola Red and Black Nappa Point leather/Nappa Leather, Silverstone and Black Nappa Point leather/Nappa Leather
-Sport interiors could be equipped with either aluminum-look trim or available Bruyere Club wood trim.
-Sport interiors could be equipped with either Extended Leather or Complete Leather (thru 08/00 in North America).
-Extended Leather includes leather on the door pulls, door armrests, center console, center armrest and sun visors
-Complete Leather includes leather on the door pulls, door armrests, door panels, center console, center armrest, sun visors, dashboard, glovebox door, upper door trims and lower B-pillar plus Alcantara on the A-pillar, upper B-pillar, C-pillar and rear parcel shelf
-An Alcantara headliner was included with the Complete Leather interior and available as a no-cost option with the Extended Leather interior from the start of production, then made standard with all Sport interiors as of 09/00.

Interior Colors (Exclusive/Luxury):
Black Nappa Heritage leather, Caramel Nappa Heritage leather, English Green Nappa Heritage leather (thru 08/00 for U.S. market)
-Exclusive Interior is known as the Luxury Interior in North America as of the 2001 model year (09/00 production)
-Exclusive/Luxury Interiors could be equipped with either Bruyere Club wood trim or available Burl Walnut wood trim
-Exclusive/Luxury Interiors could be equipped with either Extended Leather (available thru 08/00 in North America) or Complete Leather.
-Extended Leather includes leather on the door pulls, door armrests, center console, center armrest
-Complete Leather includes leather on the door pulls, door armrests, door panels, center console, center armrest, sun visors, dashboard, glovebox door, upper door trim and lower B-pillar plus Alcantara on the headliner, A-pillar, upper B-pillar, C-pillar and rear parcel shelf.
-An Alcantara headliner was included with the Complete Leather interior and available as a no-cost option with the Extended Leather interior from the start of production, then made standard with all Exclusive/Luxury interiors as of 09/00

I believe these are the standard packages for US cars only.

Opposite_Lock said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts