Registered
208 Posts
I like it. I had one in my '95 M3.

It's on the wrong side though :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... Yes it's non airbag model. I'm loving it cause alcantara provides better grip than leather especially for sweaty palms like mine. Costs $25 here to get it wrapped.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I like the steering wheel but think it looks out of place (colour wise) in the E34. Did they not have a Charcoal or Black Alcantara?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jon, yes I agree that color is a bit off & I do have charcoal alcantara bought from a member here, slimmbones which is a real alcantara. The one on M5 is light grey, which I already got first with help from a member here, E34guy. I was thinking of redoing it with charcoal one but then I would to hate to waste the grey alcantara. Anyway I use the charcoal alcantara on my 911. BTW, M5board members are great, I got ripped off twice already buying alcantara on Ebay, real alcantara has alcantara ink-stamped in the back.

·
Registered
1995 BMW M5 Touring Individual Orinoco over Petrol Mint
617 Posts
Thanks guys... Yes it's non airbag model. I'm loving it cause alcantara provides better grip than leather especially for sweaty palms like mine. Costs $25 here to get it wrapped.
I like the alcantara touches here and there, I feel it softens the interior.

On the other hand, I really enjoy driving with gloves and like the feel of leather on both the shifter knob and the steering wheel.
Gloves add thickness to the steering feel as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts