13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some choices for Alcantara headlinings:

From top to bottom:

- Platinum
- Ecru
- Antracite
- Caramel

Given my colour combination, I'm tempted to go for the Caramel but I think I'll end up with Antracite to be safe. After all, I have two young boys who will soon discover the joys of chocolate :confused3

·
Registered
9 Posts
As much as I love alcantara (last 2 cars have had alcantara seats), I think that BMW are taking a liberty charging an extra £1K as a single option in the UK market.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Here are some choices for Alcantara headlinings:

From top to bottom:

- Platinum
- Ecru
- Antracite
- Caramel

Given my colour combination, I'm tempted to go for the Caramel but I think I'll end up with Antracite to be safe. After all, I have two young boys who will soon discover the joys of chocolate :confused3
do you take normal leather and the option alcantara roof? For the roof it is recommended to have a lighter color. Also I would only take black/antracite some may face it do be too dark in the car.

Ashok do you know what is the difference between Full-leather option and exlusive leather? As I have read the dashboard and mid-console will be standard covered by leather.

Greetings

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ashok,

Anthracite is the safe choice. Does make the interior darker but I think one gets bored quite quickly by light colored headlinings...
Caramel would prob be too much. My cayenne had black Alcantara headlining and I thought it looked outstanding. £1k for it is expensive but think it is worth it, makes the car really special. I will post tonight some picture sof the alcanta headlining in the M5s in Paris

C

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still undecided which of the following options to go with:

(1) Full leather which includes the headlining & wood trim
(2) Extended leather plus headlining & wood trim at additional cost

If the cost between the two is not too much I'll probably go with full leather. In any event, I may be forced to as Cinnamon may only be available in full leather. I am currently waiting for information about this as well as pricing on all of these items from my dealer before making my mind up.

The difference between Extended Leather and Full Leather will be similar to that for the E39 - i.e. Full Leather will provide an alcantara headlining, leather on the door map pockets, dashboard, glovebox lid, centre console etc. (this items are not included in the cheaper Extended leather).

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Style-wise, Id go with the caramel. Its lighter and it will compliment the other colors well- these new BMW interiors seem to want lighter colors. As far as having kids- if why would you worry about the roof material more than, say, the seat material? Even if its black, the alcantara will show stains, etc. Ashok, it seems to me you're going for it with this car, so then stay consistent and go for the gusto :thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ashok, as far as I know the diff between extended leather + alcantara headliner and full leather in Germany is 6.1k€ non-individual. Comparing the individual extended leather + alcantara and full leather it's 4.3k€.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know U.S. prices are not out yet, but does anyone have any idea what the headlining options will cost in dollars?

Thanks,

MEnthusiast said:
Style-wise, Id go with the caramel. Its lighter and it will compliment the other colors well- these new BMW interiors seem to want lighter colors. As far as having kids- if why would you worry about the roof material more than, say, the seat material? Even if its black, the alcantara will show stains, etc. Ashok, it seems to me you're going for it with this car, so then stay consistent and go for the gusto :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Another vote for caramel...I think it will look fantastic!

Kevin

P.S., I can't help chuckle thinking about what my wife would think on my commenting on this, given my disinterest about our interior colors in our house!:D

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
I wonder how Ecru headliner with Champagne Individual leather would look. Im Paris I sat in an Audi A8 6,0 with chmampagne headliner and I think it looked fantastic. Black looks good as well but light colours reallly stand out.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I would be very surprised if BMW NA would want people to order different color alcantara. In general they work out good pricing by buying in bulk. However, if you must have a custom exterior or interior color, I'm sure they will allow it for a fee of around $2,500.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Asok,

Go for Antracite, I always like a dark headliner in a car makes me feel more cozy. :byebye:

·
Registered
714 Posts
alsahher said:
in the case of (CHILDRENS) the i advice u to go with the anthracite much safer
i dont know about it... its a headliner.

i think it just have to match the interior color.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
M! said:
i dont know about it... its a headliner.

i think it just have to match the interior color.
a nice small five fingers covered with some choclate.. drawing nice patterns on the alcantara headlining would be a nightmare to clean!

i really like light headlinings.. make u more comfortable and make the interior more spacious

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
That anthracite headliner looks very tempting....

all the best
adam

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gustav, i think you mentioned you sat in a M5 with light colour alcantara headlining few weeks ago. do you happen to have pictures of that?

·
Registered
714 Posts
alsahher said:
a nice small five fingers covered with some choclate.. drawing nice patterns on the alcantara headlining would be a nightmare to clean!

i really like light headlinings.. make u more comfortable and make the interior more spacious
lol. well, if that is the scenario, then the alcantara is not the issue.
the parents who give the kid chocolate in the M5 is the problem. :nono:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
M! said:
the parents who give the kid chocolate in the M5 is the problem. :nono:
Forget the kids - what about the chocoholic parents!?! mmmmmm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts