BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alas the birth of the M6:
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i157.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/plastique999/M6/MOV01577.flv">

First off, thanks everyone for all of the wealth of information on this forum...what I have found is that people are much more mature here then say the M3 or E46 forums...tasteful mods, and emphasis on performance.

I'm graduating from the M3 to the now M6...there are several great threads comparing the two...but essentially I wanted a car with more power, excluvisity, prestige, etc....I've only taken the M6 for a 15 min. spin, and I understand now why everyone refers to it as the "beast." The power of the engine is much more fierce than the M3. I noticed that although the car feels heavier, the power gains are felt in the higher rpms (4000 to 8000 rpms) vs. the M3 which is more nimble and quick off its feet off the line. It will take some adjustment (including I drive), but the M6 is ready to pounce!

My first mods will be:

RPI scoops
BMC filters
charcoal filter delete

then exhaust...wanted E race oval tips...but controversy with Eisenmann...any suggestions for a similar sound/look?

considering ESS software

was going to do H&R (was on my M3), but maybe Hartge now?

Thanks all for suggestions and help!

I hope to take advantage of tracking this car, as I havent gotten around to tracking the M3 yet...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Congrats Plastique. Kenny and I will be down at RPi
today (2/16/08) @ 4pm to test the ESS software. If you find some
time you should stop by.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats Plastique. Kenny and I will be down at RPi
today (2/16/08) @ 4pm to test the ESS software. If you find some
time you should stop by.
Oh man! I wish I could be there...I have a meeting...but be sure to postop the dyno...congrats on winning at the RPI meet!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congratulations! Time to update your signature :cheers:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
CONGRATS!!! LOOKS GREAT.

Marshall: I think the majority of the miles on Kenny's car is from going up tp RPI.

·
Registered
104 Posts
damnit ur killing me, im waiting for mine, and it should come on an exact same truck like that.. intercity lines?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
That was not intercity The intercity guys dress in white suits or at least wear gloves and booties, and the cars are covered in protective cloth

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congrads brother... welcome to the family! I see you picked white. What interior color did you go with? Since you live just on the other side of the hill I'm sure we'll cross paths. See ya on the road. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrads brother... welcome to the family! I see you picked white. What interior color did you go with? Since you live just on the other side of the hill I'm sure we'll cross paths. See ya on the road. :cheers:
Thanks all!...the shipping company was Angel Auto transport...clean delivery, and the car was covered in plastic...no problems whatsoever...

Interior is black with the CF trim...

Let's have a socal meet!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Car looks great congratz u should tint the windows

·
Registered
370 Posts
didnt u order the car from Germany if so how come it isn't facelifted

·
Registered
155 Posts
congrats plastique!! i'm sure you'll enjoy the M6 as much as we all do!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
didnt u order the car from Germany if so how come it isn't facelifted
No car came from Fl actually from old forum poster RQ...superb condition as he is an Uber car enthusiast...

I drove the car near 100 miles yest...getting used to it...one thing that is so different is - when are people feeling peak power (during regular driving - not dyno)...is it around 6000 - 7000 rpm? I find myself shifting gears in this range when gunning it. In the M3 I could feel the push around 4000 rpm. I guess the powerband is completely different...I'm hoping filter changes may alter this or any other mods?

I can't wait to mod this sucker!

·
Registered
370 Posts
[/quote] I drove the car near 100 miles yest...getting used to it...one thing that is so different is - when are people feeling peak power (during regular driving - not dyno)...is it around 6000 - 7000 rpm? I find myself shifting gears in this range when gunning it. In the M3 I could feel the push around 4000 rpm. I guess the powerband is completely different...I'm hoping filter changes may alter this or any other mods?

I can't wait to mod this sucker![/quote]

oh ok than.... enjoy the car and it looks stunning!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts