BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a few days now I can lock the car (which sets the alarm) and walk away only to have to return after walking away 100 yards (meters) because the alarm is sounding .. OR I can get all the way in the house and 5 min later the alarm sounds!
OR I can fall asleep and be a wakened at 1 AM to the alarm sounding ...turn it off and then get in to bed again and it will sound ...... OR walk in to work and 1 hour later have to walk back out to shut it off ...

REEAALLYYY ANOYING !!!

anyone ??? it seems very random ....

as well I still have a RANDOM throttle problem .. being that at low throttle settings the car jerks and balks and then when you apply more throttle is fine .. then eventually throws it in to fail safe mode then runs fine but less response but will rev over 4K rpm ... RANDOMLY

is it possessed ?? making me feel like I AM !! ARRGH !! ouich

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Disconnect the hood switch located near the left side cabin air filter and see if that stops the random alarm sounding.

-Josiah

·
Registered
962 Posts
As Josiah said, it's most likely the hood sensor which is located on left (driver's) side and is attached to the front of the microfilter box. Part is so obvious that I never noticed it before. Part # is 61-31-9-119-057, cost $11.34 from Tischer and took about 30 seconds to uninstall the old one and install the new. Lots of threads on this.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
a weak battery is another known cause of the false alarm.

Reactions: 540rocket

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found it .... I installed the Vortstiener Hood a few days a go .. apparently it doesn't engage the sensor fully so I added some thickness for now via some 100mph tape and that did it ...
I think I can adjust the hood down by removing a shim and fix it "right "

thanks all .....

now just the fly by wire ...... ARGH !!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have a similar issue where today the lights where flashing but the alarm did not sound. I have disconnected my hood sensor a while back as I thought that might have been the issue. Hmm guess I need to get this hooked up to a reader and see what codes come back?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts