BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer last week to get a suspicious sound checked out regarding my new SMG pump. While I was there codes were checked and the only thing there was 9D12 SINE: Internal Battery. Tech said this was a battery in the alarm (I'm guessing siren) and it needs to be changed, otherwise the alarm could start going off while I'm driving and other weird stuff.

Have anyone done this? I searched and there is one mention of this, but no DIY or details as to where this battery is.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My beast has had this code for a long time, I havent had any issues with it exept it showing the code.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I think the only danger is if a thief cuts power, there is no backup battery for the alarm siren to make noise. I wouldn't be surprised if it can be coded out and disabled completely. I'm pretty sure there are E60s without alarms, so you could probably used the VO for one of those and disable it with NCSExpert.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I havent disabled anything, this has been like this for years. Like the other member stated I think is a backup for the alarm to sound if the cars battery is disabled. Im not spending 150 bucks on this unless I have other problems associated with it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Read somewhere that on some models this siren module could be opened and the batteries can be replaced. Has anyone done it on our car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was at the dealer last week to get a suspicious sound checked out regarding my new SMG pump. While I was there codes were checked and the only thing there was 9D12 SINE: Internal Battery. Tech said this was a battery in the alarm (I'm guessing siren) and it needs to be changed, otherwise the alarm could start going off while I'm driving and other weird stuff.

Have anyone done this? I searched and there is one mention of this, but no DIY or details as to where this battery is.

Thanks,

Chris
It is my understanding that this battery is inside the right rear fender. I have the same warning code. I will look into this a little mire in the coming weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts