BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at dusk, Ajax was pulled over by a state trooper on the way home from work. After very quickly rolling down the somewhat illegal limo-tinted window, stater approaches and informs Ajax that brake lights are not working. So, we give it a test, and they work perfectly while parked. Trooper: "Get them checked right away-- must be a loose wire or something intermittent." "OK, you're right, will do sir," Ajax replies, being glad not to receive a ticket, and proud of himself that he kept the trooper in BACK of vehicle so he did not observe lack of front license plate.

Long story short, nothing wrong with brake lights. Ajax was approaching railroad tracks, and slowed from about 45 MPH downshifting all the way to a crawl in 1st gear without ever touching the brake pedal. Since realizing that downshifting to 1st gear with the SMG is perfectly fine, brakes hardly ever get used at all, which is what fooled the trooper. And Ajax can't blame him a bit for getting the chance to eyeball the M6 up close. He was far more interested in the car that the lights, and who can blame him. He also loved the sound of the Tubi exhaust!

(Ajax hits the brakes once in awhile to keep the rust off the rotors).

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
LOOOOOOL nice story David , i think he just wanted to look inside your M6 :D

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
My man !!! I am sure you gave him one of your best smiles and probably told him a nice joke.

Similar story here 15 days ago. 1 a.m. and I am heading to McDonalds. Road lights are out ( ??? ) and it is -6 C. I am alone on the road and I am doing 100-110 mph listening to Tina Turner. A small white car appears in the

distance, it is damn dark outside, so I approach, turn on the high beams, left flash, downshift to fourth gear and rooooaaaar past him at 120-125.

HELLO !!! Polizei. F**k. Downshift, brakes, right flash, STOP.

A very kind young gentleman comes over. Papers. Yes sir. " You know you were speeding " . No sh*t. " Yes sir ". He smiles. " When I dream at night I see this car. I have pictures of it everywhere. I have seen all the clips on

Youtube. I ..... I am in love with this car. F**k. And now I have to give you a ticket ". " Yes sir ". " Look what we will do. My shift ends in ten minutes. I will get out of these clothes and you will give me a ride."

Done deal. So we go to Big Mac, I treat him a Mac and two beers, back in the car, first 8000 spin, second 8000 spin. DONE.

I go home. It is 2:15 a.m.

Wife : " Got a girlfriend or were you racing ? "

Me : " Go to sleep dear. Just fooling around "

George

·
Registered
236 Posts
AJAX, smooth move keeping the trooper's attention from the tint and front license plate.

GKINVEST, lucky break for you! But the biggest surprise is the fact that they have beer at your McDonalds! Haha...

I only hope I could be that lucky if I get pulled over.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
This is in Greece buddy. MdDonalds and actually any fast food chain is selling even ouzo ( strong greek alchohol - 45% ). I agree.

Not correct, but this is Greece.

George;)

AJAX, smooth move keeping the trooper's attention from the tint and front license plate.

GKINVEST, lucky break for you! But the biggest surprise is the fact that they have beer at your McDonalds! Haha...

I only hope I could be that lucky if I get pulled over.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to ask for a shot of Ouzo with my next Big Mac just to see the puzzled look on the pimpled teenager's face!

100% true story. I actually thought at the time he was going to warn me about the exhaust, but the Tubi Rumoré such a pleasing sound that the louder the better the music!

Reminds me of the old Dean Martin song:

Rumoré, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Let's fly way up to the clouds
Away from the maddening crowds
We can sing in the glow of a star that I know of
Where lovers enjoy peace of mind
Let us leave the confusion and all disillusion behind
Just like bird of a feather, a rainbow together we'll find

Rumoré, oh, oh, oh, oh...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm going to ask for a shot of Ouzo with my next Big Mac just to see the puzzled look on the pimpled teenager's face!

100% true story. I actually thought at the time he was going to warn me about the exhaust, but the Tubi Rumoré such a pleasing sound that the louder the better the music!

Reminds me of the old Dean Martin song:

Rumoré, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Let's fly way up to the clouds
Away from the maddening crowds
We can sing in the glow of a star that I know of
Where lovers enjoy peace of mind
Let us leave the confusion and all disillusion behind
Just like bird of a feather, a rainbow together we'll find

Rumoré, oh, oh, oh, oh...
Lamo!!!!

Great stories guys! I've never been so lucky with the law!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
great stories! but I must say, I was a bit disappointed.
With a title like that, I was expecting Ajax to be surrounded by half naked *models* in cop uniforms.
either way, thread worth reading!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In Ajax's dreams...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cool stories, SMG does present some issues for other people like the Ajax's case or when you forcefully have to Valet your car; I've gotten asked if my car was a manual cause of the slowing down without brake lights and will keep it in mind if I spot PoPo around. In Florida they are developing the habit of following random cars while they check the car's plates to learn abot the owner.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
In the end the trooper enjoyed your BMW M6! :goldcup:

Yesterday at dusk, Ajax was pulled over by a state trooper on the way home from work. After very quickly rolling down the somewhat illegal limo-tinted window, stater approaches and informs Ajax that brake lights are not working. So, we give it a test, and they work perfectly while parked. Trooper: "Get them checked right away-- must be a loose wire or something intermittent." "OK, you're right, will do sir," Ajax replies, being glad not to receive a ticket, and proud of himself that he kept the trooper in BACK of vehicle so he did not observe lack of front license plate.

Long story short, nothing wrong with brake lights. Ajax was approaching railroad tracks, and slowed from about 45 MPH downshifting all the way to a crawl in 1st gear without ever touching the brake pedal. Since realizing that downshifting to 1st gear with the SMG is perfectly fine, brakes hardly ever get used at all, which is what fooled the trooper. And Ajax can't blame him a bit for getting the chance to eyeball the M6 up close. He was far more interested in the car that the lights, and who can blame him. He also loved the sound of the Tubi exhaust!

(Ajax hits the brakes once in awhile to keep the rust off the rotors).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts